+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Sand Dollars

OCMD in September 2012

I'm looking to book a trip either Friday 9/7 to Monday 9/10 , or Monday 9/10 to Friday 9/14 but I was wondering if I book it Monday through Friday will the majority of stuff be open during the week? Like Trimpers and the majority of the boardwalk?

Sand Dollars

Re: OCMD in September 2012

The answer simply is no. Rides, etc. close on Labor Day and will reopen on the weekends weather permitting or if there is an event like Sunfest. Otherwise, it's pretty quiet. Trimpers indoor rides for the little kids will be open during the week though. So if you're looking for boardwalk stuff, book the weekend.

Sand Dollars

Damn, the only three things I'm really only interested in are the Haunted House, Bahama Mamas crabs, and the silly coin operated shooting range.

Sand Dollars

Really? With everything there is in OC that's all you have to look forward to?

Sand Dollars

Haha, no way!

I meant those are the only things close by the inlet I was interested in. My main interest involves being in the ocean all day. We decided on going 9/14 to 9/17, we hope the bikers aren't too rowdy (neither of us are bikers). When I went about ten years ago though, the bikers were nice and pretty entertaining.

Hopefully the water will still be around 70. It was when I went for a weekend last October

Sand Dollars

You may want to double check on Trimpers. They're normally staying open until Sunfest. Last year I'm pretty sure I sure Trimpers Inlet Rides active on the webcams during the Sunfest weekend.

Sand Dollars

We go every year in September and are never bored. We're going a little later this year than we usually go, and will be there for Sunfest. We usually end up there for Bike Week, so I'm excited to be going to Sunfest for the first time in about 6 years.

Sand Dollars

The bikers? Rowdy? NEVER! LOL Have fun!

Sand Dollars

@Seashell how was the water temp last year at when you went for Bike Week?

Sand Dollars

Last year it was cold and rainy the whole time. There was even a small tornado, a waterspout and very large hail. That did NOT make for happy bikers! That time of year the weather is so unpredictable. About 5 of 6 years ago (I believe) it was over 100 degrees. You never know what you're going to get in September.