+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    dawg42
    Sand Dollars

Narrowing down a decent stay

Coming to OCMD mid-August, and looking for good/bad reviews of The Oceanic, The Sahara, The Shoreham and Plim Plaza... help me choose a decent place for a few days... THANKS

Sand Dollars

Re: Narrowing down a decent stay

Of the four, my choice would be the Oceanic. None of them are new, but I think the Oceanic is in a great location, plus there is a beach type area on the inlet that you can sit and watch the boats come and go. And people I know who stay there every year love it.

Sand Dollars

the Sahara is part of a chain called B.E.S.T. (Beachmark, Executive, Sahara, Tides, they all have the same green signs too) never stayed at them myself but have heard good things over the years.

Sand Dollars

plim has very small roms, and even though they had the "longest pool in OC" its a small space. for the amount of people that are always there. and there are no balconeys...

dawg42
    Sand Dollars

I've heard a few horror stories about Plim Plaza, so it's out... anyone have a "review" of the Shoreham?? And I got mixed reviews on the Oceanic... Anyone else??????

Sand Dollars

I have never stayed at the Sahara but have stayed at one of the sister hotels the Beachmark. It is an okay place, kinda older. It is not going to be like your chain hotels such as Holiday Inn, Hilton, or Quality Inn. It is clean the rooms are a nice size and the staff was nice and helpful. I agree with others and have not heard a lot of good things about the Plim Plaze. I know for us we want a balcony with our rooms so this means the Shorham and Plim are both out for us.

Sand Dollars

I've never stayed at any of them, I've heard a horror story about the Oceanic from a close relative before so I wouldn't go there. & I know Plim Plaza was run down many years ago when a friend of mine stayed there, although they could have made updates since then. Of those choices if I had to pick one I guess I'd go Sahara. Good luck with your hotel search

dawg42
    Sand Dollars

Thanks for the words... I am thinking the Sahara right now... we have 1 week yet to decide

Sand Dollars

My husband and I have been staying at the Sahara for 10 years in a row now. Found a good thing, and figured it would be wise to keep it. We stay either oceanfront or oceanview, and those rooms have private balconies separated by concrete walls. Nice, clean rooms, recently updated rooms, friendly staff, and a reasonable price. I recommend it!

Sand Dollars

I have heard horror stories out of every hotel you said i would stick to more well known ones holiday in HJ hilton etc...