Thread: 1962 Storm DVD

+ Reply to Thread
    Sand Dollars

1962 Storm DVD

I was checking out the website for the Life Saving Station Museum and saw that they now offer a DVD documentary of the 1962 March Noreaster that hit Ocean City. It's only $10, so I will likely pick it up next time I'm down.

Has anybody seen it?

I got "Once Upon a Sand Dune," the OC history DVD (previously a VHS) from the Museum, and I really enjoy that one.

Sand Dollars

Re: 1962 Storm DVD

I've got the DVD, and it is very interesting. It includes lots of photographs from the storm (not a lot of people were shooting film back then!), The narration is mostly recollections of the people who lived through the storm and provides some great insight into what it was like. If you like OC history, it is well worth the $10. If you are interested in the storm, the book Tides of March (It's the first book described in the OC History books thread) is a great book that was reprinted for the 50th Anniversary of the storm. It's also available at the Lifesaving Museum.

Sand Dollars

That sounds so interesting! I will definitely be stopping in to get one of these DVD's. Thanks for sharing the info, looking very forward to seeing this.

Sand Dollars

Thanks OC Guy. I've actually read The Tides of March. I got an original pressing off Ebay a few years ago. I think it's pretty cool that they re-released it.