+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Sand Dollars

Re: If you Could Bring Back One Business...

Quote Originally Posted by terrapin05

Anyone remember old Sunburst Golf at 16th, right down the street from Anthony's? They had the best 18th hole win-a-free-game, you hit the ball into a round swirl maze and if you got a hole in one, free game.
    Yes, that was a great course. To this day, I remember the time I hit a golf ball (the hole was the one with a long dog leg to the right) onto coastal highway, never to be seen again.

SomeDude
    Sand Dollars

Re: If you Could Bring Back One Business...

Morbid Manor on the Pier.

Sand Dollars
    Bahama Mamas Wicomico street! they moved up on 30 some street along the busy road? Why? This place had the BEST bayfront deck to eat crabs and have a beer and they moved? Come Back!!!

Sand Dollars
    It hasn't been gone long, but I'm going to add Davey Jones Locker to this list. They were there for a good four years. They always had good service, good prices, and a great atmosphere.

I don't like to slam OC businesses, but the place that took over in 2013 left a lot to be desired.

Sand Dollars

Bring back.....

When I was a kid, we stayed at Misty Harbor on 22nd or 23rd? and across Costal Hwy was a penny candy store. It had to be early 1980s. I don't remember the name but it was a great place to spend a few cents and get candy.

Sand Dollars
    Quote Originally Posted by Krislynell View Post
    When I was a kid, we stayed at Misty Harbor on 22nd or 23rd? and across Costal Hwy was a penny candy store. It had to be early 1980s. I don't remember the name but it was a great place to spend a few cents and get candy.
    I know the place that you mean, it was on 25th Street. I loved that place too. When it was open, every trip to the beach we would stop for wine, cheese, and beer, and our daughter would get $1 worth of penny candy and thought that she hit the jackpot. After the old couple who ran it retired and sold it, a younger couple from Baltimore bought it, and sometime it wouldn't be open yet when we got into town. Eventually it was torn down to expand the business on Coastal Highway.

Sand Dollars

Cool Bernie's

Downtown shop in the 50's and 60's that sold a little bit of everything. Got our surf rafts, beach chair, umbrella and many a beach toy there. When you came in the shop Bernie always greete you with the phrase "Welcome! Lovely things for lovely people"! Prices were cheap also!

Sand Dollars
    I remember Bernie's. It was open until at least the early 1980s. It pre-dated Sunsations, and had lots of beach stuff. My family bought plenty of chairs, rafts, umbrellas, and similar there while I was growing up. The building with its big framed windows is still there, and I always am reminded of Bernie's when I walk past it.

Sand Dollars
    Lazer tag on the boardwalk

Sand Dollars
    Ocean Playland Amusement Park down around 65th street. Lots of great times there as a kid.