+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast
    Sand Dollars

If you Could Bring Back One Business...

If you could bring one restaurant, store, bar, or any other business back to Ocean City, what would it be? I have four odd ones that I used to love gong to.

1. The Original Fractured Prune - You could buy bait and donuts in the same place!!

2. Sunny Carribee - This was a spice shop in the 45th Street village.

3. There was a nautical souvenir shop in the 45th Street Village as well. I don't remember the name of the place, but they had awesome nautical themed decorations, etc.

4. Lastly, this isn't really a business, but I used to love the food court at the mall on 94th Street. I used to love being able to enjoy some pizza and play Keno there.

Sand Dollars

Re: If you Could Bring Back One Business...

Shanty Town

Sand Dollars

Tank Attack

kdog

Morbid Manor

Sand Dollars

Great thread Britt! I remember that nautical shop at 45th Street. it was a great place and one of the few places in there that was really unique! Here are my picks:

1. Josh's - The original place on 46th that started the donuts now made by the Fractured Prune (Josh retired and the Fractured Prune took over the business). Used to get hot donuts there most mornings when we were staying at 46th Street in the 1970s and early 1980s.

2. Weitzel's at about 50th Street - Great subs and chicken, went there a couple of times every vacation when we were kids

Sand Dollars

Great thread.

1. Mario's, circa the 70's and 80's before they went downhill. The waiters memorized your order and on weekends there was a guy strolling around with a mandolin singing Italian songs. It's where I learned to love shrimp scampi.

2. The original Embers, when it was a small steak house before the mass food market days. Some of the best steaks I ever had. After dinner, everyone got a piece of fudge and the men got cigars.

Sand Dollars

I miss Shanty Town too.

Here are my 3;

Don's Subshop on 138th, where Soc's place was and now a barber shop. Don had the best cheesesteaks ever and was busiest between 2AM and 4AM with a line out the door. He knew all his customers by name and could remember what you would typically order.

Gentelman Jim's........... last of the true pool halls around and loved the 9ft tables.

The Riptide Waterpark at the inlet.

Quote Originally Posted by OCGuy

2. Weitzel's at about 50th Street - Great subs and chicken, went there a couple of times every vacation when we were kids

I loved that place too (51st St), especially since it was my first ever "official" job! (Official = I had taxes taken out of my paycheck.) Started at age 15 and worked there until the age of 18, many a fun summers. I still see Gordy once in a while, he owns a restaurant in Salisbury now.

smwpgh
    Sand Dollars

shanty town and Weitzel's. And I will add Boardwalk Joe's for cheap but great breakfasts and boardwalk grub, and Tutti Gusti's which was our favorite Italian Restaurant in town.

Sand Dollars

Quote Originally Posted by lbo

I miss Shanty Town too.

Here are my 3;

Don's Subshop on 138th, where Soc's place was and now a barber shop. Don had the best cheesesteaks ever and was busiest between 2AM and 4AM with a line out the door. He knew all his customers by name and could remember what you would typically order.

Gentelman Jim's........... last of the true pool halls around and loved the 9ft tables.

The Riptide Waterpark at the inlet.

Quote Originally Posted by OCGuy

I loved that place too (51st St), especially since it was my first ever "official" job! (Official = I had taxes taken out of my paycheck.) Started at age 15 and worked there until the age of 18, many a fun summers. I still see Gordy once in a while, he owns a restaurant in Salisbury now.

I could agree with you on Don's. On the other side of the coin, I loved eating at Soc's also and wish to see it back as well.

Sand Dollars

I have to second Morbid Manor and Soc's and add Tubby's.