+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Sand Dollars

Re: Which restaurant does everyone rave about, but left you ...

Keep up the bad reviews of the Shark here. Maybe it'll be easier for me to get dinner reservations this season!

Sand Dollars

Oh, forgot to answer the last question of the original post. Yes, did go back to LaHa but only for drinks..outside bar..the bomb!..Hobbit went back..never again.(can't do the 3 strikes u'r out for those prices for food).. but would, and have for the bar and great sunsets! Luv those "windows" and the bartender (can't remember his name) was great!

Sand Dollars

Oh noes!, The doughroller cheerleader from VA gave me a thumbs down!

Sand Dollars

I haven't seen any raves about Angelo's, but we have tried it twice and had exceptionally poor service each time. It is one thing to be a tourist but another to be treated like the wait staff doesn't care how poorly you're treated because your seat will be filled again as soon as you leave. Seriously, service so bad that it was actually funny. It wasn't just us but other tables were having issues as well. The food is OK but overpriced IMO.

Sand Dollars

Reflections. Won't go back.

Sand Dollars

A few years ago, I finally had my first breakfast at Happy Jack.

I think the meal was just OK, and a little on the pricey side.

If I had a coupon, I would likely give it another chance.

Sand Dollars

Quote Originally Posted by brianpa

Dean to answer your question we usually get a bunch of appetizers and a wrap at Dead Freddie's. But we stop for lunch only right when we get there. I do agree I am not wild about the menu choices but after driving that far the kids enjoy the play area, we enjoy the layout and the food is good.
    Ok, that's kinda what I was thinking. If we give it another shot, appts & bar food it is....

Sand Dollars

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Hall

2 of them, years ago.

First was the Dough Roller.

Last year we decided to try them for breakfast because so many here raved about their pancakes. My wife was against going because of the pizza experience from years ago. I talked her into it despite our reservations. The service sucked as it was virtually inexistant. It seemed like if we wanted anything we had to get up and find someone to get it for us. They were not really busy at the time (70th St.). After being there for 20 minutes before they took our order we decided on the blueberry pancakes, banana pancakes, and chocolate chip pancakes. I found my pancakes to be very 'gritty' and without flavor. My wife said her pancakes the same and my 15 year old step son who eats half a dozen of chocolate chip pancakes everywhere else didn't finish his because he said the chocoate 'tasted weird'. The waitress never brought us our drinks either. Asked for them twice and still never showed up. Asked for the bill from another person and that showed up with our imaginary drinks on the tab. Paid the bill and I told them I'm not paying for the drinks as they never showed up. Strike 2....we're never going back.

We tried the Dough Roller for breakfast too. We went to the 3rd St. Location. The order was taken in a reasonable time but it took close to 30 min to get the food and the Coconut pancakes I ordered were raw (BATTER) in the middle, so I just sent it back and declined the offer to re-do them. That was over 10 years ago, but we never went back.

Sand Dollars

Quote Originally Posted by dctech

I haven't seen any raves about Angelo's, but we have tried it twice and had exceptionally poor service each time. It is one thing to be a tourist but another to be treated like the wait staff doesn't care how poorly you're treated because your seat will be filled again as soon as you leave. Seriously, service so bad that it was actually funny. It wasn't just us but other tables were having issues as well. The food is OK but overpriced IMO.

We tried Angelo's once and it was god awful! Never even a thought it my mind to try it a second time.

tklt27
    Sand Dollars

Dough Roller-much better places for pizza
    Crabcake factory-definately not the best cakes in OC

Also tried a place out on 50 don't remember the name. It was Italian. We should have known something was wrong when it was empty at 6pm. Prices were super high and food was below average.

On the flip side I never would have imagined a place like Fat Daddy's as somewhere I have to go....but it is. Also really enjoy the restaurant at the race track and was alil unsure if Macky's was my kind of place but loved it.