Thread: Parasailing

+ Reply to Thread
    tklt27
    Sand Dollars

Parasailing

Can anyone give me an idea on parasailing prices. I have been to several websites and they don't really offer that info. I know it's not cheap.

tklt27
    Sand Dollars

Re: Parasailing

please disregard...found info I needed...thanks

Sand Dollars

Well you got me curious, so I looked it up:

it looks like $45 for 400 ft to $75 for 800 ft is the going rate.

If you Google Parasailing Ocean City you get a list of the companies and at least one of them offers a $5 discount for booking online

Sand Dollars

I've always wanted to do this but I always chicken out.

Sand Dollars

I'd recommend Paradise Watersports, in West OC (located around the backside of Hoopers) http://www.paradise-watersports.com/home

Here's a lil inside tip - if you get motion sickness TAKE DRAMAMINE!

nothing can ruin your parisailing adventure like being sick as a dog before you get up there....

Sand Dollars

Quote Originally Posted by RythmSis

I've always wanted to do this but I always chicken out.
    Oh don't be afraid!! I am the biggest baby about the boardwalk rides, I'm afraid of roller coasters and the thing that swings you 180 degrees and the thing that drops you real fast, the wildest thing I go on is the Himalaya, but i looooved parasailing.

I never would have tried it, but my friend who is a bigger baby than me tried it on her Honeymoon and told me it was F-U-N!!!

I did it in Hawaii and they let me and my husband go tandem . It was like if he were sitting on a low chair and I was sitting in front of him between his knees with my arms on his legs like this (this isn't us)

[img width=216 height=212]http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRsyHhihpFRXTNdUqrM5eHTlStoKp7tH XsZcm-PGL7Mmvrr4xC_[/img]

It was like sitting on air, I was sad when it was over and they reeled us in. The only thing that was a little scary was I was afraid I was going to hurt my ankle when I landed, but it wasn't even a problem.

I never did it in Ocean City, but the first time I went there i was pregnant, and then had little kids, now they are old enough, and the prices are reasonable enough I'm going to see if they want to do it this summer!

Sand Dollars

My daughter used to save up her allowance and any money she got so she could go parasailing. I think she was 11 or 12 the first time and she went by herself (we stayed on the dock). There was another family on the boat who looked after her, but she wasn't afraid. And she loved it! She was working in Key West a couple of years ago, pregnant, and did it again! What a kid. But I would love to try it myself.

Sand Dollars

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy-Shores

If you Google Parasailing Ocean City you get a list of the companies and at least one of them offers a $5 discount for booking online

How long are you up in the air?

Sand Dollars

Ooo, i wante to go in florida, insteam we rented jet ski's. im also planning to parasail this year!

Sand Dollars

Quote Originally Posted by bar2008

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy-Shores

How long are you up in the air?

I don't know how long they keep you up in OC...trying to think back to when I did it, it was for about 5 minutes I think. It was disapointing when it was over!