+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    jnarok
    Sand Dollars

hotel recommendations

Hi! coming to Ocean City for the first time. Myself and Husband. April 15-19. We would like a Hotel/Motel with balcony on the Boardwalk with an Ocean View! Has anyone had any experience with the Paradise Plaza Hotel or Comfort Inn? or can you recommend any of your favorites? Thank you in Advance!!!

Sand Dollars

Re: hotel recommendations

I've stayed at the Comfort Inn on 5th several years ago. I loved it. They let us use the indoor pool before check in. We would stay again.

Sand Dollars

stayed at thee Commander on th Boardwalk which was very nice. Don't know about the others.

Sand Dollars

I have friends who had stayed at the Paradise Plaza every year in the past, but quit going there about 4 years ago because it went downhill. I don't know if they've improved since then or not. No experience with the others.

Consider the Grand and the Holiday Inn and Suites as well. There's no reason to limit yourself to the lower end of the boardwalk this time of year since there are no rides or games open. And the majority of other things on the boards are only open on the weekends or limited hours.

Sand Dollars

My family has stayed at the Comfort Inn for many years when our kids were very young and loved it. We would rent on the first floor (I know, it's not for everyone) so we could open our balcony door and walk right out to the pool (won't be open in April though). The rooms were well kept and clean. Any issues were taken care of quickly.

Sand Dollars

I agree with Z, no need to limit yourself to the lower end of the boards this time of year. Here's a link to the Courtyard at the Marriott located at 15th st & boardwalk, this hotel is a lot newer than the ones you inquired about in the original post. - http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/sbyoc-courtyard-ocean-city-oceanfront/

jnarok
    Sand Dollars

der Text" />

="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false"
    UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 1" />

e" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false"
    UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 4" />

e" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false"
    UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 6" />

Thank you all for the quick responses and all the info. Right now we're trying to decide between the Comfort Inn on 5th, The Holiday on 17th and the Quality Inn Boardwalk on 17th. Our choice is limited because I'd like a smoking room with an oceanfront view on any part of the boardwalk. The smoking part has eliminated quite a few choices.

The difference in price between the Comfort and Holiday is only $2.00 for the entire length of stay so I'm siding towards the Holiday.

The Quality Inn is considerably less expensive. Has anyone had any experience there? I've read that it's nice as long as you're guaranteed a room in the newer section.

Will there be many shops open in mid April? We're mainly interested in walking the boardwalk and beach and exploring shops and restaurants.

Sand Dollars

Don't know about the smoking part but with Comfort & Holiday only $2.00 apart I'd definitely stay at the Holiday on 17th & Boards. I've gone in mid to end April in the past & on sunny weekends found quite a few shops open at the inlet area of the boardwalk, aracade is always open & quite a few mini-golfs & Ripleys mirror maze open also. We always find lots to do no matter what time of year, hope you have a great trip

Sand Dollars

Others will say the Hilton, but I say HI Suites on 17th is the best one on the boards.

Sand Dollars

Quote Originally Posted by OC_Melanie

Don't know about the smoking part but with Comfort & Holiday only $2.00 apart I'd definitely stay at the Holiday on 17th & Boards.
    Agreed.

If both places are the same rate (and they are) then the Holiday Inn would be my choice as well, I've been staying there for years. Although I've had my ups and downs with it, your getting a lot more bang for your buck this time of year.

If you're still on a fence, look at it this way - you have a $2.00 difference in April - Where as, if you tried the same days in July you'd have a difference of $1040.00