Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    sunshine96
    Sand Dollars

going to ocean city for the first time and need some advice!!!!!!!!!

Hi!

My boyfriend and I are planning to visit ocean city and we have never been before. Any advice on where to stay and what to do? We are hoping for a nice relaxing vacation, we plan to lay on the beach all day! We are planning to go to dinner at night and check out some bars and nightlife at night. We are also interested in parasailing and renting jet skis. Like I said neither of us has ever been so we don;t know where to stay. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. We are going to go the last week of July....we know it will be hot....we love hot weather....is this a good time to go?

Lisa

sunshine96
    Sand Dollars

Re: going to ocean city for the first time and need some ...

oh...also.....looking online I thought the Hilton and the Holiday Inn oceanfront looked really nice.....are these good areas? I am looking for something affordable (less then 275 a night) and with a view of the ocean. Is this possible?

Sand Dollars

Hi! And welcome!

First thing is to send for these two visitor guides to give you some reference to all there is to see and do in Ocean City.

www.ococean.com/visitor-guide

www.oceancitymd.org/vacation-guide

Now, next step is to decide if you want to stay in a hotel or a condo. There are pros and cons to both. If you're going for a full 7 day week, then a condo might be more economical for you. The one drawback is that you don't have maid service and you need to bring your own linens. But you will have more room and it will seem more like home.

These real estate agencies are very good and have nice condos to offer

Holiday Real Estate www.holidayoc.com

Coldwell Banker www.cbvacations.com

Long and Foster www.lfvacations.com

OC Vacations www.ocvacations.com

Central Reservations www.centraloc.com

Vacation Rentals by Owner www.vrbo.com

Now for hotels. Both the Hilton and the Holiday Inn Suites are excellent hotels, probably the best in OC. But very expensive in the summer. There are plenty of quality hotels in Ocean City for less money. Some very nice ones are the Spinnaker on 18th St. Small, an outdoor pool only, just steps from the boardwalk and beach, but very clean and updated this past spring. The Dunes Manor Hotel on 29th St. is also very nice and every room is oceanfront. Its sister motel, the Dunes Motel on 27th St. is smaller, and is located right on the beach at the very end of the boardwalk adjacent to the boardwalk tram. The Grand on 21st St, Park Place, the Commander, Holiday Inn Oceanfront on 67th St, the Quality Inn and Suites on 33rd are all great places to stay as well. There are just so many.

Try these websites to find the best deals:

www.ococean.com/rodney-saves/accomodations

www.ocean-city.com

www.oceancity.com

www.ocisfree.com

You'll be able to find some hotels that you are interested in, and then feel free to come back and ask our opinions again. We're all here and happy to help.

Ocean City is one long strip of sand and is only 10 miles long. There isn't anywhere in OC that you won't find a restaurant, beach, bar, or amusement within walking distance. If you want to go to the boardwalk, there is ample parking at the inlet or on any of the side streets. The boardwalk itself runs from the inlet at the most southern end of town northward for 2.5 miles to 27th St. During the summer there is a tram that runs up and down the boardwalk till 10 or 11 pm. And there is a public bus that runs non stop 24/7 from one end of town to the other. It only costs a dollar per ride, or $3.00 for an all day pass.

That's a great time to be in OC. The weather is usually hot and sunny, there are free movies on the beach and Sundaes at the Park, and the Greek festival will be going on then as well. Have a great time.

Sand Dollars

Z06RL, all I have to say to you is you are a classy lady!

Sand Dollars

Be sure to stop at the Chamber of Commerce on Route 50. It's on the right side if you're travelling on East 50 to Ocean City, a couple of miles before the Route 50 Bridge.

They have a ton of free visitors guides, brochures, and coupons.

Sand Dollars

If you're heading to Ocean City via Rte 70 through Pennsylvania, stop at the Maryland Visitor's Center and Rest Area just before Frederick. You'll find TONS of info there to read along the way.

Sand Dollars

You will deffinitely want to go to the ripleys museum, it is very fun. Also the sling shot ball is loads of fun!

Sand Dollars

If you're going to Ripley's (yes, it's very fun) try and find a discount coupon first. It's a bit pricey and for a family....it's almost too pricey.

Sand Dollars

Quote Originally Posted by Z06RL

If you're going to Ripley's (yes, it's very fun) try and find a discount coupon first. It's a bit pricey and for a family....it's almost too pricey.
    If you are a member of AAA, you can show your card and get a discount.

/I forget how much

//Yes, I did

///And yes, I am cheap

Sand Dollars

I know most of the free Visitors Guides / Sunny Day Guides (which can be found pretty much anywhere in Ocean City) have coupons for Ripley's. I think it's a dollar or two off. If it's just the two of you, it's well worth it.