Thread: de Lazy Lizard

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Sand Dollars

Re: de Lazy Lizard

Hello Justin, I am so glad you read all the blogs and based upon your reply, my wife and I will be coming back as we love when new places are successful and have the location like you do. We are hear on and off all year long so we hope to visit often. Thanks for your reply and I look forward to trying the fish tacos again. Best of luck to you. BTW, I didn't mention earlier that the burger my wife had was very good...hope to see you soon.

Sand Dollars

Thanks Justin. As you can gather from my posts, I think your place is great. I have a friend in the restaurant business and fully understand what you're going through. You mention computers, that brings a smirk to my face as I did all the cabling for her POS system and public WiFi network that she provides for her customers. Their POSITOUCH support vendor is pretty crappy as well. At her grand re-opening after rebuilding her restuarant about 7 years ago on Memorial Weekend, the place actually caught on fire. There was a clearance issue on one of the ovens. The only damage was from the fire department-go figure. She only lost a few days but they cut a lot of my cables. All of her credit card transactions run through her DSL line and for 5 years the service was unreliable as heck. I pestered Verizon all the way up to the VP level (my main business is selling custom telco cable assemblies to companies like Verizon) for 5 years and finally they listened and replaced a piece of equipment in their switch room and there have been no problems since. I really feel like I personally went through her growing pains with her so I think i can relate. It's always problems that are really not supposed to be part of running the business that break down.

So many people think the restaurant business is this easy glamourous hobby. My friend has worked herself sick several times. It's the hardest business to survive in.

Thanks again for taking time out of your busy schedule to respond to this board. We'll see you many times again.

Sand Dollars

Justin, Great post. I am looking forward to trying out De-Lazy-Lizard when I'm down there again in a few weeks and in the off season. OC has lost too many restaurants and needs a few more good ones. I'm hoping yours will be one. As far as this forum goes, you can be sure you will get brutally honest feedback, both good and bad. I'm glad you seem to be the kind of business owner who will use such feedback to improve their establishment.

I come down in the off season too. Do you plan to keep De-Lazy-Lizard open year round? If not When do you plan to open and close each year?

Sand Dollars

Well. At first I was reading the comments about the new place thinking "that's one I won't be going to". Then Justin, you chimed in and now my opinion has changed to "I will have to try it next visit". Why? Because you took the time to TALK to us here. To explain things, yes, but you took the time. And that shows me an owner who cares about his restaurant and his success. So next time we're in OC we will definitely give de Lazy Lizard a try.

But be aware, I am brutally honest about my impressions of anyplace I go........good or bad. But somehow, I think it will be good. Good luck to you and your partners. Hope you have great success.

LuvOC
    Sand Dollars

Any updates? The food menu online looks good. Also, it looks like they are serving orange crushes, it is hard to go wrong with that drink!

Sand Dollars

Went there for dinner on the 4th. Food was good, had a crab dip (little runny light on crab) my girl had the crabcake which was good and I had the Odachowski burger. Food wasn't out of the world good but wasn't awfull or bad.............. 1 to 5 with 1 being the best I would give it a solid 2.

They have alll kinds of "crushes" there, the watermelon crush is pretty good.

Sand Dollars

I think de Lazy Lizard on 1st Street on the Bay in Ocean City is a great addition to the restaurant scene in Ocean City. I went there on July 4th. It had a good crowd, but it wasn't jammed. The view of the Bay and all the boat traffic was great. The margaritas were good and the calamari tasty! The staff are enthusiastic and devoted to making your visit enjoyable. If you are looking for a great setting, great views, great food, improving furniture and finish details, and great customer service, look no farther than de Lazy Lizard.

Administrator
    Sand Dollars

Great news for all those Lazy Lizard fans and those who can't wait to try the new restaurant out! We are hosting a Party Night at De Lazy Lizard on August 3rd from 4:30-6:30pm. During the night we will be giving away gift certificates to various Ocean City restaurants and activities, OC.com t-shirts and a 2-night stay in Ocean City. Just by attending, you can enter into the final drawing at the end of the summer for the GRAND PRIZE - a vacation to OC! Also, if you find Ann, Ami or Kristin and tell them you are an OC.com forum member, you are guaranteed an OceanCity.com t-shirt. We want to thank you all for being such loyal fans.

So come out and enjoy everything De Lazy Lizard has to offer - a beautiful view of the bay, delicious food, great drinks and a fabulous staff. We will also have an exclusive OC.com discount of the night which will be announced soon.

We hope to see all you there!

Administrator
    Sand Dollars

Great news for all those Lazy Lizard fans and those who can't wait to try the new restaurant out! We are hosting a Party Night at De Lazy Lizard on August 3rd from 4:30-6:30pm. During the night we will be giving away gift certificates to various Ocean City restaurants and activities, OC.com t-shirts and a 2-night stay in Ocean City. Just by attending, you can enter into the final drawing at the end of the summer for the GRAND PRIZE - a vacation to OC! Also, if you find Ann, Ami or Kristin and tell them you are an OC.com forum member, you are guaranteed an OceanCity.com t-shirt. We want to thank you all for being such loyal fans.

So come out and enjoy everything De Lazy Lizard has to offer - a beautiful view of the bay, delicious food, great drinks and a fabulous staff. We will also have an exclusive OC.com discount of the night which will be announced soon.

We hope to see all you there!

Sand Dollars

I'm a local and heard about de Lazy Lizard last week on the radio while driving to work. BJ's South was my favorite summer bar/restaurant and I was so bummed when they tore it down to build condos, which never happened. I mean, how many more freakin' condos do we need in OC??? Anyway, I am thrilled to find out that another bar/restaurant is in BJ's old spot. My husband and I stopped by to check it out on July 4th, and decided to go the next day for lunch/happy hour.

We ordered the fish tacos, mozzarella logs and shrimp salad on a bed of lettuce. The mozz logs were awesome. The fish tacos weren't good at all. I was expecting grilled fish, not some chopped up Mrs. Paul's fish sticks. For $12, I expected alot more than what I got. That needs to be changed asap. The bartender didn't order our shrimp salad on lettuce like we asked for--it came out on a kaiser roll. We were totally unaware of the happy hour food specials because none of the bartenders told us about them until we asked if there were any food specials. Some sort of bar food menu needs to be displayed on the bar.

All in all, and considering the place just opened, I really liked de Lazy Lizard. The view is spectacular and the atmostphere is laid back and relaxed. Boat docking space is okay, but the finger piers will be a great addition. We don't really like driving into OC in the summer and plan on visiting the Lizard on our boat from now on. Being assured that we can find boat docking would be great!