+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Sand Dollars

Re: Has anyone else noticed how expensive Ocean City is this ...

No need to tell me about the electric going up. My bill this month was $412!! Imagine that per room for a hotel!

Sand Dollars

I've increased the rates on my condo by a little over 2% this year, which I think is reasonable. Then again, we were able to book almost every week this summer already, and it's not even March yet. We normally get fully booked for the summer no earlier than mid-April.

I'm not sure if it is the weather or the economy but when I was in OC for the last 2 weeks of January, and again for President's Day weekend, there were a lot more people there than I normally see in the dead of winter. Hopefully this will continue to be a trend for OC.

It is unfortunate that some rentals/hotels seem to be taking advantage of the uptick in demand and are gouging renters coming to OC for a week or two in the summer. I agree with the sentiment on the boards that $5/gal gas will not drive vacationers away from this destination but there is no doubt that unreasonable increases rental rates will.

Sand Dollars

16% rental agent fees is what kills it. You can create a data base with the people that stay at you place, and used social media. Spend a total of 40 hrs creating your pages, and split the 16% in half, make more, and save for others.

Sand Dollars

Quote Originally Posted by shawniup

16% rental agent fees is what kills it. You can create a data base with the people that stay at you place, and used social media. Spend a total of 40 hrs creating your pages, and split the 16% in half, make more, and save for others.

Or... you can rent it though existing property listing sites like VRBO or HomeAway and pay approx. 2.5% in fees. It is a little more work but it is a major reduction in listing and agency fees.

Sand Dollars

Hapnstance, do you rent to people with pets? We have a cat. Just wondering. We would be looking for last week in July.

Sand Dollars

Barefoot Mailman is a pet friendly hotel! Cats need love too

hapnstance

Unfortunately, due to liability issues, I cannot rent to people with pets. My insurance won't allow it. I'm also booked through July.

Sand Dollars

we've been staying at the Barefoot Mailman hotel which is great for our dog. Windjammer condos at 46th street i sgreat too.

Sand Dollars

Before you bring your dog, familiarize yourself with the ordinances concerning pets, particularly dogs, in Ocean City. Dogs are not allowed on the beach or boardwalk from May 1 to October 1 and are required to be on a leash at all times in OC when you're outside of your hotel or condo. I know there are people who ignore the law and let their dogs run on the beach, but if caught they'll be fined and ticketed. There is a dog park on 94th St. and you need a permit from the city to use it. You'll find the permit at www.oceancitymd.gov under Parks and Recreation. And please remember to be kind to others and clean up after your pup.

Sand Dollars

I have been looking and i found that prices are LESS....even in the building i am in... the ones who rent...are renting for less....