+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    stalefishsk8er
    Sand Dollars

make a living year round in ocean city?

hey is there a way to make a living year round in ocean city, md? with one more year of high school left i am thinking about moving down there after fire convention week and/or senior week for my class in june of 2013.

Sand Dollars

Re: make a living year round in ocean city?

There wouldn't be full time residents here if people couldn't make a living year round. When and if you do move here, will there be a job for you year round, most likely. Will you like your job and make a competive salary, doubtful. Are you going to live in a mansion and own a bunch of cars and boats, unlikely. I dont understand the rest of your question so I'd recommend staying that last year of high school. Good Luck!

Sand Dollars

Quote Originally Posted by ImightKnow

When and if you do move here, will there be a job for you year round, most likely. Will you like your job and make a competive salary, doubtful. Are you going to live in a mansion and own a bunch of cars and boats, unlikely.
    Sounds like you're interviewing applicants for the horse manure clean up on the beach.....

Sand Dollars

Year round jobs right out of high school? Sure. But sorry to say, they are probably the same dead-end jobs that are in your town. Grocery bagger, fast food, etc. You might also want to keep in mind that OC in the off months probably isn't what you're used to during the summer.

Sand Dollars

Just be sure you understand that Ocean City can be a VERY expensive place to live. You may have to work 2 jobs just to be able to live here.

stalefishsk8er
    Sand Dollars

Quote Originally Posted by Seashell

Year round jobs right out of high school? Sure. But sorry to say, they are probably the same dead-end jobs that are in your town. Grocery bagger, fast food, etc. You might also want to keep in mind that OC in the off months probably isn't what you're used to during the summer.

well i go to a technical high school for welding and i will be getting a certification by the end of this school year and i know the cost of living in oc is not cheap

Sand Dollars

Also to people on here answering, are there places that provide houing for someone who works for them?

Sand Dollars

Quote Originally Posted by stalefishsk8er

well i go to a technical high school for welding and i will be getting a certification by the end of this school year and i know the cost of living in oc is not cheap

Good for you! If I were you, I would get together a resume at the very beginning of 2013 along with letters of recommendation from a couple of your teachers. Then search the internet for any business in the area that might even have the slightest thing to do with welding or construction. Cast a wide net, you'll have more success that way. Good luck!

stalefishsk8er
    Sand Dollars

Quote Originally Posted by Seashell

Quote Originally Posted by stalefishsk8er

Good for you! If I were you, I would get together a resume at the very beginning of 2013 along with letters of recommendation from a couple of your teachers. Then search the internet for any business in the area that might even have the slightest thing to do with welding or construction. Cast a wide net, you'll have more success that way. Good luck!

i'll see what i can do about the letters of recommendation from my teachers but i'll also see what i could do about getting letters of recommendation from the firehouse so it'll be easier to join the fire department in ocean city

Sand Dollars

Try working on the dredger, that's a livable wage