+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Sand Dollars

Re: Off Season Specials Thread: Reviews and Updates

Quote Originally Posted by BrianGilliland

Quote Originally Posted by fpk

This is great Brian. Please keep us updated. Are you planning on having this info published in one of the papers?
    I'm curious as to why you ask this question, and your answer can really help me out. Is it because you don't find useful information like this in the papers? If this information was on this site, would you know how to find it?

Apologies for the hijack -- I'll take it to another thread if this line of conversation gets moving.

I've made the assumption that you write for one of the local papers since you mentioned an article you wrote on Skyline. If this is incorrect I apologize. While I can find this information easily on this site, this information is great for anyone, including those who don't know about this board or don't have internet access. While a lot of the off-season specials can be determined through grunt work going through all of the local papers, the off-season closings sometimes aren't apparent until you get to the door and read the sign. I was just thinking of those who don't participate on the board. Again, thanks for the great information.

BrianGilliland

Thanks! When the information is compiled it will run on OceanCity.com, which is not to say one of the papers won't get their hands on it eventually. As for the Skyline, I've been around the block a couple of times before I landed here (I worked at the Oceana and the Gannett papers -- Worcester County Times, Beachcomber, Ocean Pines Independent, Daily Times and DelmarvaNow before coming here). By signing me on, OceanCity.com will be focusing more on articles like the above listings and the other things I've been posting for the last month or so.We're not going to focus on the people without internet access right away because at the end of the day, we're a website

Sand Dollars

Nice list Brian.

FYI-- The Frog Bar will be open another 3 or 4 weeks

Sand Dollars

Hubba's Pit Beef 123rd - Open all year (yay! near my place)

Sand Dollars

I hope you'll keep the list going on the forum. Not all of us have access to the local papers and like to plan things when we're coming to town.

Baja Amusements is still open Sun. - Thursday 10 - 6, and Friday and Saturday from 10 - 10. No word yet as to when they're closing for the season.

Sand Dollars

Having this list would be great. It would be good to publish the list in an easily printable format - many people do not know if they will have internet when they get to OCMD, but would print a list before they head down.

One more item: Bombora closes 16 October

Sand Dollars

Great thread!

I had Lump Benedict at Crabcake Factory today so they are still doing breakfast. They also are doing 10 Dinners Under $10 Monday thru Thursday (Prime Rib, Grouper and Beef Kabobs were a few I saw listed) Greene Turtle is doing the same specials as last year it seems. Half Price Cheesesteaks on Monday, $3 for 3 Tacos Tuesday...let you know more tomorrow. Seacrets has half price dinner 5-10 Monday thru thursday and Fish Fry on Friday.

Rumor has it even BJ's will close for a period of time this winter. WHEN DOES FAGERS START PRIME RIB!!!!

Sand Dollars

Is there any way to "sticky" this thread so that it is always at the top of the first page of this section of the forum?

Edit: I was refering to Brian Gilliland's post (post # 6)

Sand Dollars

Coins started half price dinners today. 5 to 9.

Sand Dollars

Fager's Island has started 1/2 price burgers on Wednesdays now day and night