+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Sand Dollars

Off Season Specials Thread: Reviews and Updates

Well its that time of year. Time for the bargain hunters to find the all the deals in the offseason. Post any specials you see around town and let us know where to go!

Sand Dollars

Re: Off Season Specials Thread: Reviews and Updates

Nice thread idea.

Haven't seen many "Winter" specials yet but will add when they start showing up. Best deal in town (IMO) is the $4 mini cheesesteaks at High Stakes and Natural Lights are always just $1. Can't beat a great cheesesteak and a beer for $5 for lunch.

Restaurant Week (actually 2 weeks) is coming up and many places will be offering their prix fixe menu's but I understand thats not really the goal of this thread. However good deals are to be had during this time from those places participating.

Sand Dollars

Sunset Grille's happy hour is back for the off season.

BrianGilliland

We're working on a list of who's open and who's closing and when and hopefully we can include the specials, but wrangling the restaurants is like herding toddlers and kittens towards a bath. If you've got specific information I'll be glad to have it here or email me. I'll compile everything for everyone.

hapnstance

I'm starting to like you again Brian. I spend alot of time in OC on weekends during winter and would love something other than the usual suspects, Shark, Sunset, Harborside, Fager's, etc.

Sand Dollars

What is Sunset Grille's Happy Hour specials. I usually only get there during the heavier season so they never have one when I am there...

BrianGilliland

This is what we've got so far -- please excuse the sloppiness but like I said it's a work in progress. Primo Hoagies 133rd St.: Closing Middle of OctoberBlue FIsh: Open all year28th St. Pit n Pub: Open all year (11AM-2AM) 7 days a weekCaptain's Table Restaurant: Open all yearCharlies Bay SIde Restaurant and Bar: Open all yearConner's Beach Cafe and Sail Loft Deck Bar: Closing end of OctoberCrab Cake Factory: Currently stopped serving breakfast and open for lunch and dinner all yearCrabs to Go: Open all yearDe Lazy Lizard: Going to try and be open all year round but earliest they would close would be HalloweenFager's Island: Open all year but possibly starting in November, will be open on certain days of the weekHarrison's Harbor Watch Restaurant: Closing on Oct. 30th and reopening in MarchMother's Cantina: Open all yearOC Kabob: Closing September 25thOcean Club Night Club at Clarion: Starting September 25th, open Friday and Saturday 9:00PM-2:00AM onlySahara Cafe: Closing October 16thThe Frog Bar and Grill: Unable to get through to anyoneThe Victorian Room: Open all yearUber Bagels: Closing September 25thWaterman's Seafood Co.: Open all yearAdolfo's Italian Restaurant: Open all yearBahama Mama's Wicomico: Plan on being open all year depending on business but last year closed at end of October. Depending when business dies down will depend on if they close or notMarina Deck Restaurant: Closing Mid to Late OctoberPlaza Tapatia: Open all year but times have changed to Mon-Fri open at 3 and weekends open 12 to 9The Hobbit: Closing Oct. 29thBoardwalk Hotel Group: Howard Johnson on 24th closing Oct. 2nd & Days Inn on 23rd closing Oct. 16thGrand Hotel: Open all yearClarion: Open all yearParadise Plaza: Close Nov. 27th and Open on weekends onlyAtlantic Oceanfront: Closing October 15thDunes Manor: Open all yearFenwick Inn: Open all yearPrincess Bayside: Close end of November
    Park Place:
    Unable to get through to anyone.

Sand Dollars

From The Shark on the Harbor:

"It's $2 Tuesday! Come by and see Big Daddy & Kim (Have you met Kim???) today and enjoy the following great specials at the bar: $2 rail cocktails, $2 glasses of our sustainable house wines & $2 Miller Lite Drafts as well as our regular daily Happy Hour specials from 3pm until close!"

Sand Dollars

This is great Brian. Please keep us updated. Are you planning on having this info published in one of the papers?

BrianGilliland

Quote Originally Posted by fpk

This is great Brian. Please keep us updated. Are you planning on having this info published in one of the papers?
    I'm curious as to why you ask this question, and your answer can really help me out. Is it because you don't find useful information like this in the papers? If this information was on this site, would you know how to find it?

Apologies for the hijack -- I'll take it to another thread if this line of conversation gets moving.