Thread: Irene

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    hapnstance

Re: Irene

OMG, this hurricane is going to be a non-event. I have 2 renters asking for refunds because of it. Unfortunately, they didn;t purchase vacation insurance. I am not inclined to give them refunds when the big hotels aren't giving refunds. What are the thoughts?

Sand Dollars

It's going to be a catagory 1 or 2 when it arrives Sunday morning, right? I've only been in town during several tropical storms. What catagory of hurricane should people start worring?

Sand Dollars

If Jim Cantore is going to be in town, we should be a little concerned....

hapnstance

Myself, I concentrate on which direction the storm is blowing. If the storm/eye is over the ocean I really don't worry as much since I'm on the Bayside facing the bay. I've noted that when the wind is blowing east to west we really don't experience it where I am. However, if the storm is inland and blowing west to east it's a whole different story and I'm a little more conserned.

Sand Dollars

Jim Cantore is an idiot and he gets on my nerves with some of his sensational commentaries. I remember he was in town last year or the year before and whatever even he was covering turned out to be a big flop. Although, this storm does have me concerned a bit. The good thing is that with each update from the NHC, the predicted track seems to keep moving further east. Let's hope the trend continues and all OC and the rest of the east coast has to worry about is just some major surf.

Sand Dollars

Mink that was supposed to be a joke. Jim is certainly a tool and I couldnt agree with you more!

Sand Dollars

Quote Originally Posted by hapnstance

OMG, this hurricane is going to be a non-event. I have 2 renters asking for refunds because of it. Unfortunately, they didn;t purchase vacation insurance. I am not inclined to give them refunds when the big hotels aren't giving refunds. What are the thoughts?
    Why not give them the option of coming Monday at a reduced rate, and then if the worst happens, let them cancel. If the forecast changes drastically between now and Sunday, they could just come as planned. Ocean City is a barrier island that could have 300,000 people this weekend with 3 ways in and out. Many of us may have opinions on what's going to happen, but none of us KNOW what's going to happen. Go to the inlet and look across to Assateague and think back to the 1930's to know what's possible.

Sand Dollars

When are they scheduled to come into town? As fast as the forecast changes, I would be hesitant to give a refund also.

Sand Dollars

That's a renters risk. None of the realtors give refunds that I know of. If you handle your own rentals then it's up to you.

hapnstance

Thursday and then on Sunday. My feeling is that the media gets off on working people up for no reason. I'm just not going to start sending money back to make friends.