Thread: Irene

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Sand Dollars

Re: Irene

I guess I mean central PA "bad". Or "hey, this storm is bad but I'm still pretty sure I won't be blown off our 13th floor balcony" lol

annie 79
    Sand Dollars

Yowza. Sounds like I need to be watching the Weather Channel. I love watching that stuff on TV but wouldn't be caught anywhere near such a destructive storm. Hope everything goes well though. Would hate to see anyone hurt or bad property damage. Good post lbo.

hapnstance

I'll bet $20 bucks we don;t get 3" of rain and the wind doesn;t gust over 40 mph.

Sand Dollars

I was in OC for a hurricane and when they finally made it mandatory evacuation for everyone (residents included) the storm was already in OC. The storm turned at the last second and came inland towards OC. Until then, there was no problem. We had a full size Bronco at the time and tried to drive over the Rte 50 bridge. The wind was howling and the rain was literally HORIZONTAL to the bay. I was never so scared in my entire life. I wouldn't want to experience that again.

OC is good about letting people know about the storm and you'll get plenty of evacuation notice. Keep checking here: http://oceancitymd.gov/Emergency_Management/hurricane_info.html

I just hope it goes back out to sea. We're going to Carlisle Pa for a car show this weekend and I sure don't want a rain out. Nor do I want to see OC lose its beaches again! Keeping my fingers crossed!

Sand Dollars

Re: Irene - Over/Under

Over/Under on when the weather channel gets to OC to broadcast about the impending doom of Irene. The line is at Friday morning.What's your pick?

I pick under (i.e., they start broadcasting from OC before Friday morning).

Sand Dollars

over (Saturday mid-morning)

Sand Dollars

Ok, who would have ever guessed we'd have an earthquake in the middle of this thread??

Sand Dollars

The Balto/DC stations will show up by Wens and TWC will be here by Thursday for Friday broadcast. I am sure they will want to get the word out and warn people to avoid the beach this weekend. It seems they all try to compete for the location that will get the brunt of the storm and take a guess where to set up broadcast shop and dispurse other reporters all over the coast.

Under. No doubt.

boboshe
    Sand Dollars

I know what you mean about rough surf...Last year a young man drowned in the surf (off 20th street) the day we arrived from rips in the ocean from a hurricane off the coast (I still remember his wife's crys of anguish) and another girl was wiped out and taken to the hopsital. It is nothing to fool with. We were a family of scouts and their motto is "BE PREPARED" and how can you be prepared without information. So we will keep up with Irene news.

Sand Dollars

Seashell...actually the only time I've gone to the grocery store and they were out of milk was when Isabel hit Maryland back in 2003 (I think that's the right year). I remember that I couldn't figure out why the shelves looked so funny and then as I got to the back of the store it was because the entire milk section had been wiped out. I was lucky that storm. I stayed and rode it out (my roomies went back to PA) and we were one of the few people who didn't lose power for days. When school finally opened again we still had kids without power.