Thread: Irene

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast
    Sand Dollars

Irene

Looks like the model charts have once again changed. It was Florida then this AM Charleston area. Now the it looks more north and west and Florida is less of a possibility. It's suppossed to get bigger as well if it doesn't hit land in the Carolinas.

It's definately one to keep an eye on.

With the exception of the GFDL model which still wants to move Irene up the spine of the state of Florida, all other models now show a threat anywhere from South Carolina to New England.

The GFS continues to take Irene further northward to offshore of Newport News, VA by Sunday at 8:00 AM. The GFS also shows Irene’s size increasing greatly. If this trend continue everyone with interests from the Carolinas to New England will need to closely watch the progress of Irene.

boboshe
    Sand Dollars

Re: Irene

We are suppose to come on Satuday for a week, but it doesn't look good. They are now claiming that the whole East Coast will be affected. It is getting bigger and intensifying. Weather Channel just said it could be a Cat 3 or higher. I am wondering how many days it will last. Under what conditions does OC do an evacuation?

happy393
    Sand Dollars

oh my, woow.....................hope it don't hit my home in Milton DE. of course, I am home now from the summer vaca and now I have to miss some excitement!! hope all stays safe in DE/MD....................good luck everyone.

Sand Dollars

Irene will cause riptides for over a week before and after. I know as 2 years ago one was way off the southern coast in Sept. The surfers love it but beware swimmers! I don't think they really close the beaches there, meaning lifeguards are out. Be very carefull if you go into the surf. Even when it looks ok it probably isn't. I think were in for some heavy rain though. Your best bet is to stay in as Coastal Hwy floads. Anyway, try to have a good time and be safe. I hear another Hurricane is on the back of Irene..Hope they take a break the 9th thru the 23rd..probably won't as the weather has been horrible. We got over 12" of rain in South Jersey this month..Was a record!!

hapnstance

Let's not all go freaking out and building an ark. As of now noone knows where this thing is going.

Sand Dollars

Quote Originally Posted by hapnstance

Let's not all go freaking out and building an ark. As of now noone knows where this thing is going.

But it is funny watching people freaking out when making mountains out mole hills.

Sand Dollars

Hurry! Everyone go buy milk and bread!

I might be crazy, but I still loving being at the beach during a bad storm.

Sand Dollars

Quote Originally Posted by Seashell

Hurry! Everyone go buy milk and bread!

I might be crazy, but I still loving being at the beach during a bad storm.
    No you wouldn't. (from a 5 hurricaine vet )

Sand Dollars

Oh no, I don't mean THAT bad!

Sand Dollars

LOL