+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Sand Dollars
    Why does a dog need to go to a restaurant with you any ways? Never understood that.

Sand Dollars
    Quote Originally Posted by tfunkhouser View Post
    Why does a dog need to go to a restaurant with you any ways? Never understood that.
    Right, and it's a potentially huge liability issue for the restaurant. In the summer months when restaurants get crowded, it the dog were to bite somebody, or the dog gets injured due to the large number of people, then the restaurant has a lawsuit on their hands.

Sand Dollars
    A while back, we were at my father's house for dinner and his wife's kids brought their dog along. My stepmother had spent days fixing the food for the holidays, a ham, potato salad, etc. My husband ate and enjoyed everything, and even took home leftovers. He was excited to enjoy a sandwich and salad again later that night..........until I told him there was dog hair in all the food. We checked it out, and sure enough, lots of black fur in everything.

So imagine sitting at an outdoor restaurant with the breeze blowing across the bay, a beautiful sunset, a yummy meal in front of you, and then you see the dog hair floating up and onto your plate. We send food back to the kitchen if we find human hair in our food, so why would you want to eat anywhere that you can get dog hair in it as well?

I like dogs, always have. But in their place. And that's not in a restaurant. We make it a point to not stay in pet friendly hotels or eat at restaurants that allow dogs. And that's the answer right there. If you don't like dogs and their hair in your food or in your hotel room, avoid those places. Problem solved. I don't try and make my dislikes anyone else's problems.
    Ask an OC Insider

Transplanted to Ohio, constantly battling for time in OC!
    Sand Dollars
    More and more outdoor restaurants seem to be accepting dogs these days. We were in DC this past summer and went to a Mexican restaurant with outdoor seating. thought our dog would be OK in the car for an hour or so, since it was in the evening and the car was in a parking garage. Turns out, due to the oppressive heat that day, it was still over 90 in the garage. The owners allow dogs to sit outside the railing at this place, so problem solved; they even brought him water.

We were in Dallas last year and it's a very dog-friendly city. Dog parks everywhere downtown and we ate at this really cool outdoor restaurant that allowed dogs. There was a laundry list of rules for the owners, which everyone followed, and a good time was had by all.

Shenanigan's allows dogs after the Halloween dog parade

I say if you're outdoors, anything goes.
    Last edited by Jozo; 09-30-2017 at 05:50 AM.

Sand Dollars
    Quote Originally Posted by Z06RL View Post
    A while back, we were at my father's house for dinner and his wife's kids brought their dog along. My stepmother had spent days fixing the food for the holidays, a ham, potato salad, etc. My husband ate and enjoyed everything, and even took home leftovers. He was excited to enjoy a sandwich and salad again later that night..........until I told him there was dog hair in all the food. We checked it out, and sure enough, lots of black fur in everything.

So imagine sitting at an outdoor restaurant with the breeze blowing across the bay, a beautiful sunset, a yummy meal in front of you, and then you see the dog hair floating up and onto your plate. We send food back to the kitchen if we find human hair in our food, so why would you want to eat anywhere that you can get dog hair in it as well?

I like dogs, always have. But in their place. And that's not in a restaurant. We make it a point to not stay in pet friendly hotels or eat at restaurants that allow dogs. And that's the answer right there. If you don't like dogs and their hair in your food or in your hotel room, avoid those places. Problem solved. I don't try and make my dislikes anyone else's problems.
    You are so right! And dog owners have got to realize that there are people who are allergic to dog dander, which is in the air when there's a dog around!

Transplanted to Ohio, constantly battling for time in OC!
    Sand Dollars

Sand Dollars
    Dogs are allowed on the beach and boardwalk as of today!

And (no matter how you feel about it), OCPD included a list of some dog-friendly businesses in OC on a facebook post today:

"Macky’s, Sunset Grille, Fish Tales, De Lazy Lizard, Green Turtle of West Ocean City, Sandy Paws, Those Clever Canines, Micky Fins, 45th St Taphouse on 45th St, Burley Oak, Pet Threads, Fenwick Petstop, Lenny's Beach Bar and Grill, Assateague Island, Dumsers Drive In, Bayside Skillet, The Hungry Seagull, Café Mirage, Fin Alley, Smokers, Malia's Cafe, Harborside, Paws n’ Claws, Petco, Home Depot, Tractor Supply, and many more."

Sand Dollars
    The bad part is that nobody enforces the law in season either.
    Ask an OC Insider

Sand Dollars
    Quote Originally Posted by Z06RL View Post
    The bad part is that nobody enforces the law in season either.
    Especially recently. I've probably seen more dogs on the Boardwalk the last two summers that I remember seeing the previous 30+ summers combined.