+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Sand Dollars

Re: Dog Friendly Restaurants

This will last untill one out of control dog bites one out of control kid. Then the lawsuits will hit the fan !

Sand Dollars

We went over this a few months ago, but after watching these threads on it, I'll tell you what I find really interesting - Even dog lovers (such as myself) realize how much of a bad idea this is... So who are the people that are backing this? And WHY???

I agree with the above posts, and once somebody (or another dog) gets bit, everybody will be in trouble EXCEPT the attorneys.

Sand Dollars

Quote Originally Posted by DeanM

I agree with the above posts, and once somebody (or another dog) gets bit, everybody will be in trouble EXCEPT the attorneys.
    I think this last sentence may have just answered your question earlier in your post.

Sand Dollars

this city is big enough to include dogs!

A beach is meant to share with your family including pets. There are hundreds of restaurants in ocean city, why is it so bad to allow dogs at a few of them? There are plenty of places to go to avoid children and dogs. Europe is way more progressive by allowing dogs to exist along side their human companions. If a dog doesn't behave then it isn't ready for a restaurant...just like a child. Dog hair isn't just flying through the air while they are laying down sleeping. Human hair flies just like dog hair, that argument is really stretching it thin. Outside doesn't need to be off limits for well behaved dogs. Learn a little tolerance- maybe you will turn out to be a more pleasant person. Something tells me the lot of you are super uptight. Throw us a bone and give us a few restaurants to dine with our dog. We are good dog owners and don't leave our dog in a room all day! There is no place to take your dog and it is a beach! You can't control everyone and have everything set up to just your liking - you have to
    share...that is life!

Sand Dollars
    A lot of places in Baltimore allow pets outside and people aren't getting bit and it is not a big dog fight. Grow up. Why are people are so archaic. People will try to Sue for anything. It isn't as big of a deal as everyone is making it out to be. Stop living in the 50s. Dogs need to be socialized to learn how to behave and if you can't take them anywhere, they never learn. I hate kids and I have to tolerate them. So get over it.

Sand Dollars
    I am a huge dog lover...But i have to say...i really dont think they belong in food establisments...either outside eateries or inside...Just my thought...o

Sand Dollars
    I am a huge dog lover...But i have to say...i really dont think they belong in food establisments...either outside eateries or inside...Just my thought...o

Sand Dollars
    Quote Originally Posted by sharman1381 View Post
    Learn a little tolerance- maybe you will turn out to be a more pleasant person. Something tells me the lot of you are super uptight.

You can't control everyone and have everything set up to just your liking - you have to
    share...that is life!
    (this might be the 2nd coming of hap)

So... let me get this straight - You're asking others to be tolerant, while you make assumptions about them being "unpleasant" and "super uptight"?

....And maybe you should take your own advice in your last sentence, because you surely can't control the town of OC, or the restaurants that do business here. The law was passed, the ball is now in the court of the restaurant owners, and while the option may be there, they have the right to continue to run their establishments animal free. It's there choice, Some like Lizzies Bistro allow dogs, but most do not....Sorry.
    Last edited by DeanM; 08-16-2013 at 03:23 PM.

Sand Dollars
    Anymore, everyone is giving in to everything, and this whole world is going to blazes. Rules are made, someone doesn't like it, they sue, and the rules go down the tubes. Nobody wants to live by the rules anymore because they "don't think it's fair". But the rules are meant to keep us civilized. We're not barbarians any more and while you can still do what you want in your own home, everyone has to live by the rules when they travel. And if you don't like the rules in OC, then your option is to find someplace else that suits your needs and allows pets. I personally am getting darn tired of having to "adjust" to everyone else's wants. OC tried to keep a lid on the boardwalk entertainers and that got shot down. Now they're fighting over the noise ordinance because "it violates our civil rights" according to the performers. I'm not a prude or up tight, but I'm sure tired of all this nonsense that goes on these days where everyone thinks they're someone special and shouldn't have to live the rules that are already in place. The rules are the rules, they're there for a reason. It's just like watching television. If you don't like what's on......change the channel! Or if you don't like the rules in OC......go somewhere that has rules you can live with!
    Sorry.......rant over. Just have had enough.
    Ask an OC Insider

Sand Dollars
    I am gonna grab a BEER and head down to the BEACH!!!!! With or without my dog!!!!