+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Sand Dollars

Dog Friendly Restaurants

I know recently that Worcester County passed a law that Resturant/Bars with outdoor seating can accept dogs if they applied with the county offices. Does anyone know which ones are now accepting Dogs to join their owners for a drink and or lite meal out? I know of a few but cannot find current list of all of participants now that the law has been into effect for about a month.

jnt

Sand Dollars

Re: Dog Friendly Restaurants

I heard that Mackey's does but you would have to check.

My dog does not have good table manners (yes my fault) so as much as this sounds great, I'd enjoy my meal more without him.

~Danielle

Sand Dollars

Quote Originally Posted by RythmSis

My dog does not have good table manners (yes my fault) so as much as this sounds great, I'd enjoy my meal more without him.

~Danielle
    I'd enjoy my meal more without him as well. LOL

And, I have two dogs. Even though they would not be a problem, they don't belong in a restaurant where food and a crowd is..inside or out.

Sand Dollars

If I remember correctly, Micky Finn's does or did allow dogs out back...hard to believe in that small outside bar area.

Sand Dollars

I also love, love, love my dogs, but I would not go to a place where dogs were allowed. Just like we were saying about children in the other thread, there are always parents/owners who would just let them do as they please. I don't want a strange dog drooling on my leg while I'm eating. Turns my stomach!

Sand Dollars

I'd like to know as well so I don't go there. Just the thought of dog hair blowing on my food or a dog peeing or pooping beside me is enough to keep me away. You're not allowed to have dogs on the beach or boardwalk from May 1 to Oct. 1 so why would restaurants allow dogs? Dumb idea.

And yes, I like dogs and cats just fine, but not in restaurants. That's just EW.

Oh, and I just read that the law doesn't go into effect until October. So no pups this summer.

Sand Dollars

I also love animals but I sometimes find it difficult to keep from shooting Rover when his owner lets him out to crap all over my lawn.

Sand Dollars

PLEASE say it ain't so!!! There's a restaurant in Rehobeth on Baltimore Ave. called Hobos that you can bring your dog on the outside porch and have lunch. (it's even part vegan..menu looks good) . I don't know about dinner but I imagine so..go for it..I do not want your pet anywhere near my meal and I don't care how clean you might think they are..Hair is a PROBLEM!!! and I just don't think this is a place for them. 1ST it's the screaming kids and now the pets..PLEASE can't I go out to dinner without either. without worrying about if someone or something is going to hop onto my plate..!!!

annie 79
    Sand Dollars

I love dogs as much as anyone (but really a cat person) but I wouldn't want to be eating in a restaurant and watching someone's dog drooling, scratching, begging for scraps, etc. And it just seems really unsanitary. That said I also understand why they are doing this. A lot of people come to OC with pets in tow. Pet owners don't always seem to be content with leaving Zippy at the motel or condo or pet friendly areas. They want to include their pet in all things vacation I suppose.

Sand Dollars

OC is just too busy of a town to let dogs in restaurants, IMO. One dog here and there would be a different story if there's not a lot of customers and you can have an area to yourself, but places in OC get packed.