+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Sand Dollars

Re: Boardwalk Etiquette

I definitely agree with don't feed birds on the boardwalk or off balcony's its awful when they swarm & poop everywhere...LOL Also put trash in the trashcans not just on the boards )

Sand Dollars

Big group gatherings in the middle of the boardwalk is annoying. No problems with groups, just move it to the side.

Also, please don't throw your burning cigarette butts on the boardwalk. Lot's of people walk on the boardwalk with bare feet and aren't necessarily looking out for burning cigarette butts where they are stepping. Believe me, stepping on a burning cigarette with your bare feet is no fun. I for one am always looking out for them now, where ever I step.

Sand Dollars

Oh, dctech, you just touched on another of my "pet peeves". Walking barefoot on the boardwalk. It's just disgusting! Birds poop there. People spit there. People vomit there. Horses poop there. Dog's have pooped there. And in a lot of places the wood is jutting up and will cut feet to shreds. But even worse than walking on the boards in bare feet are the ones who go into the public restrooms in their bare feet. That just really grosses me out.

Sand Dollars

Speaking of smokers- has anyone noticed the burnt grass while traveling east on route 50? Theres a bunch of burnt grass on the side of the rode in different sections where people have thrown a cigarette out their window and it ignited the dry grass. Real smart as we go through a drought....

Sand Dollars

Speaking of cigarettes, watch them. There are tons of small children. Years ago, my daughter was burned in the arm by a careless smoker walking with her cigarette hanging out. She wasn't even sorry, daughter screams out from the burn on her arm, the old hag just looks at her and tells her she should watch where she is going.

Sand Dollars

Hehe Z. That was me in years past. I didn't step on any of the other things you mentioned and certainly didn't enter stores or restrooms barefoot. Just sayin, there are lot's of people that do walk on the boards in bare feet. Not a good combination with smoldering butts waiting to be stepped on. Nothing against smokers, just put your butt out when you're done; don't just toss it on the boards.

Sand Dollars

My wife and I ride our bikes in the early morning on the boardwalk. I'd like some of the zombies to actually pay attention to where they are walking. They just wonder aimlessly around oblivious to everything around them. Also, watch your kids and if you can, don't walk 8 abreast. Ok, I'm finished (for now).

Sand Dollars

Here's another good rule of thumb. When in a long line in front of a boardwalk business, form the line ALONG THE SIDE of the boardwalk, NOT STRAIGHT ACROSS. Sometimes the Dumser's line and the Kohr's line forms a wall straight across the boardwalk, causing you to find a gap in the line to cross through. We can all learn a lesson from Thrasher's. They never seem to have this problem. : )

Sand Dollars

If you are biking with a crowd, try to ride single file in the more crowded sections. You can certainly ride next to each other beyond 15th street or so, but you can't really pass or be passed if you are taking up one entire side of the boardwalk.

Sand Dollars

Here's one. Smile, be friendly. Most of us are there to relax and enjoy ourselves. Smile at people when you let them cross, be polite and respectful to the people running the food stands and other businesses. I don't know why, but for some reason it seems that when people are down on vacation, they leave what little manners they have at home. I've seen people treated worse then dogs at some of the places we do business and it's sad.

We have met some really wonderful people down at Ocean City, it is just a great place to go.

We are down with at least 6 or 7 people and I agree with a previous post, don't walk 7 wide, single file may be a bit too much but at least in pairs.

Clean up your trash people, trash cans are located very close to each other. Can't tell you how many times, we've had to clean up other people's trash just to sit on a bench.