+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    Sand Dollars

Boardwalk Etiquette

The beach Etiquette got me thinking about a boardwalk thread. When riding a bike SLOW DOWN!!!!!!!. It's a boardwalk, you are not trying to win a stage at the Tour De France. Watch where you are riding. I'm tired of people riding into me/damn near riding into me or my wheelchair. What are some others people have?

hapnstance

Re: Boardwalk Etiquette

The Boardwalk is like a highway: stay left or right depending on what direction you are going. Strollers should always stay out of the middle .

stahli
    Sand Dollars

Please use the manners your parents taught you. If you bump into someone, say excuse me. Don't cut in line. Say please and thank you when someone waits on you at a restaurant/food/souvenier stand. Just be NICE!!!!!

hapnstance

Treat people with the same respect you want to be treated with.

stahli
    Sand Dollars

Exactly! The Golden Rule! :-)

Sand Dollars

Quote Originally Posted by stahli

Please use the manners your parents taught you. If you bump into someone, say excuse me. Don't cut in line. Say please and thank you when someone waits on you at a restaurant/food/souvenier stand. Just be NICE!!!!!
    "Until it's time to NOT be nice." Dalton

Sand Dollars

Please don't just stop where you're walking to talk to people! Move off to the side and out of the main stream. I don't want to run into the back of you if I'm distracted looking at something on the beach or in a store and I don't want to have to walk around you.

And PLEASE don't feed the seagulls on the boards, or right next to it. I've been pooped on more than once by inconsiderate bird feeders.

Sand Dollars

Sorry. double post.

hapnstance

Z: I think you mean "inconsiderate birds," not birdfeeders. If the birdfeeders are pooping on you then you have a much bigger issue. I love levity on a boring day.

Sand Dollars

ROFL! Good point Hap. Yes, those inconsiderate birds. How dare they poop on me? I think I'd like being pooped on by the bird feeders even less! EW! But seriously, I enjoy feeding the gulls myself, but I do it late in the evening and I find a very unoccupied area of beach to do it and never anywhere near the boardwalk. Never off a balcony either. And I don't throw the food up in the air to make them fly. I put it on the sand. But when you buy a tub of popcorn or french fries and then stand there next to the boardwalk and feed the birds, they come in droves and get so excited that they poop themselves. Am I wrong? So anyhow, that's a pet peeve of mine.

Next?