+ Reply to Thread
    DubCPranks
    Sand Dollars

Planning on going to OC for the first time

Greetings. I am planning to go to OC for the first time in Mid July for a few days with the Mrs. I was wondering if anyone had any advice for a first time visitor. Also, I saw a news report that there is a huge influx of jellyfish all along the east coast.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

VWs_love_the_beach_too
    Sand Dollars

Re: Planning on going to OC for the first time

Take lot's of sunscreen! If you prefer the spray on type, a can per day for the two of you might be enough, depending on how much time you want to spend on the beach.

Also.... trust me on this... the line might look long, but the wait for Trashers is worth it. Same goes for Dumsers.

As far as itinerary, depends on what you like, and your age range. I am 30 years old, and still 20 years later, have a blast on the go carts and the minigolf courses.

The bus is an excellent option as well... $3 to ride all day and there are many busses running up until midnight. After midnight, they pass by the stops every 15-30 minutes.

DubCPranks
    Sand Dollars

Sounds awesome... Is there any part of the beach you sujest? I want to try out a PWC, but the Mrs wants to try parasailing. I havent been to a beach in about 4 years so I want to go all out. A friend of mine told me to check out Pilm Plaza Hotel. I am 33 so I am up for something fun too, and the go carts sound like a great idea!

Sand Dollars

There's an awesome go cart place over the bridge in West OC. The PWC thing is kind of cool but they really limit where you can go so if you have any experience, it will probably not be that much fun. Go to Fish Tales. You have my personal guarantee that you will have fun. The jellyfish are hit or miss. Just go with it. For the most part, they don't hurt. Just go jump in a chlorinated pool after you swim in the ocean (I'm not a doctor so don't sue me). We've never had a bad reaction to stings in the 40 years I've been swimming in OC. The fact that you said you are going to go all out should be a great recipe for a great time. That's what we do every time we go. Enjoy the beach.

VWs_love_the_beach_too
    Sand Dollars

Well.. most of the Jet Ski rentals operate out of the bay, or inlet. It is fun, but they are by far, better on a river....

Parasailing is a good time. I think you should take the wife... you will both enjoy it.

As far as the beach goes.. it depends on what you want. The beach on the south end is by far wider then the beach on the north end. Generally, there is a denser area of hotel / motels on the south end of the city, so the beaches will be more crowded. I personally dont like the huge crowd (refer to the beach ettiquite thread) so when we go to the beach as a family, we stay up towards the north end (120 + street).

You can easily take the bus from the south end up to the north side for the beach, and it will only take 10 to 15 minutes.

Sand Dollars

Everybody here will give you good advice. You can ask the Ocean City Insiders for their advice as well. Many of them live there full or part time and the rest have been life long vacationers. But all of them have some expert advice to help you. www.ococean.com/insiders

Sand Dollars

Lots of good ideas. Defintely ask more questions here or on the Insider's site Z referenced.

As far as jellyfish I doubt you will see many. They are more common in August when the water is warmer, but even then their are very few. Most years I am there 2 weeks and see less than 5 jellyfish, most of them small and washed up on the beach. In over 40 years of going to OC and hundreds of days on the beach and in the water, there have only been a few days where jellyfish were even a minor issue.

When you gt to OC go to the Convention Center at 41st Street. At thre south end is a Visitor's Center. You can get brouchures for everythng in OC and lots of magazines and newspapers describing attractions and events as well as many discount coupons.

josephibn

Tramadol pacing dog Crutch laymen Provigil inspector graphical Ativan off throughput friedman