Thread: BUS FARES

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    hapnstance

BUS FARES

Just heard that the all day bus fare is going up from $2 to $3 and they will have a single ride fare of $1. I still think the bus offers the best bang for the buck. If only there were more running during the summer. What does everyone else think?

Sand Dollars

Re: BUS FARES

I think with gas possibly going up to $3.50 a gallon for regular by summer, I don't think OC had any choice but to raise rates. I'm not sure about the single ride fare. I can see the good and the bad in that. Try it for a summer or two and see how it goes. It might possibly be dropped next year.

Sand Dollars

People will complain because its an increase in price but $3 is still cheaper than the initial cab fare and you dont have to drive around the parking lot when you get back to your place to find a spot. All in all, im sure it will be fine.

hapnstance

I think the bus fare would be a good deal at $5. My kids use it all day long riding around to their various activities. The only problem I have is that if you stay from the convention Center down you have to wait forever to find a bus that isn't bursting with people.

By the way, the other thing I hate about this new set up is having to preview and then save your comment. Waste of time.

Sand Dollars

Not a fan or the preview first feature either. Very annoying.

Oh, and it's not adding sand dollars for new posts either!

stahli
    Sand Dollars

Really hope they don't raise the bus fares. But really, it is the best way to get around. No circling parking lots to find a spot or paying to park in the lot at the boardwalk.

stahli
    Sand Dollars

I know the buses run every 15 min or so, but it would be nice if there were more buses running during the peak times. Sometimes you have to wait and wait for a bus that's not full.

Sand Dollars

We rode the bus last year for the first time ever and I can surely say that it wasn't very nice. It smelled horrible and there was a rude intoxicated guy on the bus that I would have loved to drop in the middle of the atlantic. I also noticed that the bus was full of the summer help. I think I'll continue driving.

Sand Dollars

I don't mind the bus, either. I don't want to drive everywhere and look for a spot. The summer help prob doesn't have any other way to get around. And I've never been on a public bus that smelled like fresh baked cinnamon buns. I enjoy being around all the other vacationers, and I envjoy watching the view. I'll continue to pay to ride the bus.

Sand Dollars

We rode the bus last year for the first time ever and I can surely say that it wasn't very nice. It smelled horrible and there was a rude intoxicated guy on the bus that I would have loved to drop in the middle of the atlantic. I also noticed that the bus was full of the summer help. I think I'll continue driving.
    And as a full time resident I like to thank you for the parking fees.