+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Sand Dollars

Simon and Olivers Wood Fired Grill Shut Down

The Condo association voted to shut them down after the smoke from the grill billowed into the building on Memorial Day Weekend. So as of right now they are closed pending some legal action. Tough break. Messy situation.

Sand Dollars

Re: Simon and Olivers Wood Fired Grill Shut Down

It appears the "curse" at that location is still very much alive.

Hope the can get it ironned out.

hapnstance

Not funny at all. I hope they can work it out.

Sand Dollars

Yeah it's unfortunate. The HOA knew it was a wood fired grill, signed off on it and everything was cool. Once the grill was fired up on Friday the HOA freaked out, hassled them and had an emergency meeting Sunday AM trying to close them down for the rest of the weekend. They opened Sunday and Monday but that was it.

Here we have an establishment employing several people, months and months and months of hard work, time and money was invested getting the place place up and running. Special filters for the grill, all the permits and permits to get more permits blah blah blah. Then bam, everything is good to go and a long awaited opening finally here and they had a successful opening weekend.

Condo owners, who visit a couple times a year, don't like the smell throw their weight around and effectively close the place AFTER THEY AGREED to it in the first place. Really makes me sick. Just reinforces my belief that the narcissistic attitude of a few visitors can cripple and effectively destroy the livelyhood of several people with families to support........... all because they don't like the smell of wood burning for the few times a year they visit. Grill doesn't burn 24 hours a day either.

They will re-open. Not sure how they were able to get the City to close them down. If I were Lynette I would sue, and I am not a litigious individual. It really makes me sad for them having to go through that mess and fight the HOA after they already agreed and after they spent all that time remodeling and busting butt to get it up and running. What an emotional roller coaster for them and wish them luck.

I don't think it's the functioning board of the HOA, they agreed, had concerns when it first opened but said ok. Some of the visiting condo owners didn't like the HOA decision and took it upon themselves to have it closed. It's really ashame if you ask me.

Sand Dollars

It's a shame they shut them down like that when I'm sure it's something that could be fixed by installing an adequate ventilation system in a few days. I hope they open back up soon, we were really looking forward to trying this place.

Sand Dollars

They will re-open soon enough, this weekend actually. They got tripped up on a technicality, taking care of it now, and should be back open tomorrow.

Sand Dollars

Thanks for the info lbo. I will definitely check them out when I'm in the area.

mcgruff
    Sand Dollars

So the HMO can approve a restaurant..then yank a dream away from someone after a Sunday morning meeting..emergency meeting...now that bull@5#7..HMO is a "ship of fools" and that should also take care of your boat naming problem Hapenstance...has a nice ring to it...hehehe.

mcgruff
    Sand Dollars

HOA=HMO it's been long day..

Sand Dollars

That seems like a tough location. I had thought about going to Surfside Susan's a few times, but you can't see it from the road, parking is tricky, and it just seems like an odd set-up. Maybe I'll give Simon and Olivers a try when they get things going again.