Thread: Dead Freddies

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Sand Dollars

Re: Dead Freddies

I'm getting more and more excited about this place with every post. I love having a good meal, good drinks, and listening to some nice relaxing music. Can anyone who has been there discuss the music. Reggae? Accoustic? etc?

Sand Dollars

Had drinks and appetizers there Thursday night and went back again Friday evening for drinks again. Appetizers were very good, but seemed a little bit small for the price. Enjoyed the crab fritters (which were 5 small crab cakes) and the Rockfish Sticks (5 strips of fried Rockfish). Both ere about $10. Both were very good. Service was great and drink prices seemed reasonable. Interior seems very similar to Castaway's, but I had not been inside for a few years so I could be wrong.

Overall a great experience. I'll be back again.

ouki
    Sand Dollars

Place has only been around for a few weeks, I took 4-days off and stayed in OC. Tried DF, I went in around 4:00pm or so, and I was the first customer that day (Wednesday May 26th).

Beer was good, Appetizers, while a bit pricey for what you get, was very good (I got the Rock Fish bites $9.99) Beer was very cold and good, Bar Staff at the indoor bar, Guy was super friendly, easy to take to, the girl bartender, a bit more withdrawn I guess, but sweet and also real nice to talk to.

Myself, I would go back in a heartbeat.. Would have liked to snag a tee-shirt, dunno if they have them, I love the logo, so I thought it would have been kick-ass on a black shirt.

If I was rating them on a 1-5 star rating.. I would give them a solid 4.. It had a nice vibe to it.. BUT, I generally go to Hooters if I want wings and stuff like that.. So, given the choice, I would take Hooters every time.. But late night, I would drop in Dead Freddies again for sure..

-O

Sand Dollars

I love the outside bar but..........there are so many smokers there. I want to be outside but everyone there is smoking and its hard to enjoy my meal. I smoked for 10 years yes so I know how it goes but isnt there a law in Maryland about this?

Smoked Out!

lrc4oc
    Sand Dollars

You know PhillyPhan, you don't need to go there if the smoke is so offensive to you. I'm a smoker but a very considerate smoker and I'm very careful about where and around whom I smoke but where you were is outside and I don't think there is a law concerning outside areas. Inside yes , you cannot smoke and that's fine. You seem to be one of those former smokers that are obnoxious about it. There are some places I will only go to during the day or off season because I don't like what goes on there at night. So I go elsewhere. It's as simple as that.

Sand Dollars

I am quite aware I dont have to go there but thanks for informing me. I was just wondering what the law was. if you dont know thanks. if you do please enlighten me. I would like to be able to eat outside without smoke in my face and if thats obnoxious to you, sorry. I mean if thats the law fine I'm just wondering if theres a place outside where I dont have to allow smoke. Thats all. Dont get you panties in wedge. You can be a considerate smoker anywhere. I really couldnt care less.

I dont have to go anywhere and its a free country blah blah blah

But really. Thanks for pointing out the obvious and reminding me of my freedoms.

Feel free to answer the question anytime though.

Sand Dollars

My daughter works @ Five Guys and after dropping her off @ work yesterday afternoon I went to Freddie's for Happy Hour. I had a great time. The food was good ( I had fish and chips, my friends had grilled chix sandwich and blackened tuna wrap), the beer was cold, the service and staff were attentive and friendly and the atmosphere was casual and relaxed. I will definitely go back.

Sand Dollars

Is your daughter Karen?

BTW I'm preganant and dont wanna be around smoke. Thats all.

I like the outside Bar and so I was wondering. No need to get hostile. Simple question.

tfunky14
    Sand Dollars

PhilyPhan, sorry to say but your preganant and in a bar. Doesn't sound good , just saying.

Sand Dollars

Have you ever been pregnant? I'm not drinking and contrary to popular belief we do continue with our lives after we get pregnant. Should I stay home and wait for my man? LOL Sorry to say but thats BS. I go there to eat and enjoy my hubby and friends company. I have 7 more months and its summer so I'm going to go out to eat, it is a restaurant you know.

If you saw me you'd have no idea I'm pregnant but most women into the third trimester even continue to enjoy public places. The whole get pregnant, stay home thing is just ridiculous. Life goes on. I eat healthy, dont drink and avoid smoke if I can.

So tell me is Fishtales innappropriate for me too with my other kids since I'm "pregnant" now?