Thread: Dead Freddies

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    Sand Dollars

Dead Freddies

Went to the Locals Opening Party and Happy Hour and was very disappointed. $1 off rail drinks and domestic drafts, no food specials, and the waitress was not very enthused. She couldn't even tell us what the normal price of a drink was. It seemed like they missed a great opportunity to wow the public. Place looks good but left us and the friends that went with us flat. I also found the appetisers and kids menu a little pricey. It may be a great place for the younger set at night but seems like a Castaways retread.

Brooke48
    Sand Dollars

Re: Dead Freddies

Checked out the new Dead Freddies Island Grill and was impressed! What an awesome job the new owners have done!! I am so happy there is now a place I can take my kids and feel comfortable! They have an awesome area just for families with kids and an excellent kids menu!

The food was by far the best OC has to offer for the price point. The town was sure in need of a place like this! The servers were friendly and attentive. I found the drink prices to be very favorable and the sizes more than enough! $5 Orange Crushes! WOW! OC has enough clubs for the younger crowd- this place is for the people who want excellent food and service in a clean and beautiful location!

I highly suggest this new place and will tell all my friends and family about it!

Sand Dollars

wow,

the reviews couldn't be more polarizing. I guess I might have to check it out for myself.

Sand Dollars

I'm definitely going to check it out when I go this summer, but I'm a bit suspicious of Brooke48. This was her first post in here, judging from her stats. Is she a Dead Freddie's employee who wanted to offset the earlier bad review. I hope I'm wrong. If I am wrong, I apologize for the insinuation, Brooke.

Either way, I love that location and the view there. So I will definitely be forming my own opinion when I go this summer.

Brooke48
    Sand Dollars

Nope! I have been traveling to OC for over 30 years for vacation & live in the Baltimore area- I am in the process of purchasing a 2nd home in Ocean City and I am starting to join several local sites. Too many times people only post the bad impressions so I thought it important to post the good time I had.

Sand Dollars

I love the location and have stayed away because of the rotten reviews of Castaways. I may hold out for a few more reviews before I try the place.

Sand Dollars

Brooke48,

Welcome to the forum. Hope you are a frequent contributor.

I hope to try Dead Freddies this weekend. Hope my experience is similar to yous.

Sand Dollars

Hey there! I have never posted here but I am an actual person not an employee of Dead Freddies. Been coming to OC for years and now live here 90% of the time. I post quite a bit on other sites so I thought I'd try this forum out.

I tried Freddies on Sunday with a group of friends and some of our kids. There were a few glitches but the food was pretty good and the kids area outside is nice.

I heard they had alot of problems Friday and Saturday from the bartenders but they seem to be trying to work them out. i like the fried mozzarella and crab fritters.

Really not much changes from Castaways and they need a little more light and maybe some better music but all in all I would try it again. Great location for my friends who live in Ocean Pines. Easy access to the bridge.

Daria
    Sand Dollars

My family visited Dead Freddies on Saturday afternoon. We were totally wowed by the food, service and atmosphere. Our waitress, Jennifer, could not have been more enthusiastic and helpful. Granted, she was not an expert on the menu or pricing just yet, but she was able to find the answer to all of our questions. We were in no hurry and enjoyed her spirit and humor.

The atmosphere was very relaxing, lots to look at, and definitely seemed to have a lot for children.

The food was tremendously good. Honestly the mix of MD crab and Cream of Crab was the best I have ever had across the state of MD, hands down. Our salads were fresh, cold, and presented well. We didn't explore the menu to its fullest because it was only lunch, but we can't wait to try them out again and again.

My hubby said his first beer (DogfishHead) on draught was not cold, but his second was perfect. Don't know why.

Overall, I think Dead Freddies is a great addition to OC and I hope it lasts. On Saturday night, the parking lot looked packed when we drove by.

Sand Dollars

Hit up Dead Freddies for lunch today.... Sat at the back outside bar, service was helpful and friendly food was very good, nice size portions, also had the MD Crab and Cream of crab mix soup, excellent. Wish them all the best and if they keep up with what my wife and I saw today they will do very well and make a good addition of choices in OC as to good places to eat & hang out