+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    stahli
    Sand Dollars

Pizza, Yummmmmm

Who has the best pizza in Ocean City?

Sand Dollars

Re: Pizza, Yummmmmm

Coming from a pizza background, I'd say the pizza as a whole is pretty weak in OC. If I had to choose, I'd say Ponzetti's. I haven't tried Johnny's yet-posters here rave about it.

mcgruff
    Sand Dollars

yeh i like Johnnies pizza.....and have said so in many posts...with that said ponzettis is little better pizza. Johnnies has a much better bar area...not as dark as ponzetti's. I guess the new bar,flat screens and the overall sports bar scene is alive and kicking at johnnies. Ponzetti's really reminds me of a corner bar my dad would go to back home in the city..

Sand Dollars

I like Pizza Mambo pizza, good quality and they put a lot of pride and effort in it. Second up for me would be Tugo's but it's been a while since I had it....... I like the fresh chopped veggies they throw on like the mushrooms. Lombardi's is good when I have it on occassion there too. If on the boards I like Piezano's.......... good pizza but I go more for the tradition and atmoshpere of it all. Those owners/workers/family seems pretty cool. Had pizza once at Ponzetti's, it was a small one at the bar. The crust was all soggy and soupy. Not sure if sauce was overly watery or maybe the cook put it on a wet plate? I don't know but I wasn't a fan. Sure it was a one time rare occurance type thing though.

Just had leftovers of a Cheesesteak Pizza from Ken's on Rt 54 for dinner tonight. I know it's not OC but good gollie that pie is awesome.

<makes mental note to order with onions and bacon topping next time>

Sand Dollars

My favorite pizza in Ocean City is Lombardi's. On the Boardwalk, I have to go with Caruso's.

A lot of people have posted negative reviews about both Tony's and The Dough Roller, but I'm a fan of both.

Sand Dollars

As of last October, my favorite Pizza is from Pinos @ 81st St.

mcgruff
    Sand Dollars

i forgot bout pino's ...like there sauce very much...ok now i'm ready for memorial day weekend

Sand Dollars

My favorite is 3 Brothers but I am definitely going to try Johnnys!

tklt27
    Sand Dollars

I know I am in the minority here....but wow do I look forward to Tugo's....Maybe it's the fact that it's 2 am and I have been drinking but I love getting it delivered...Fat Daddys also....Do intend to try johnnys though.

stahli
    Sand Dollars

Wow, so everyone seems to be very excited about this Johnny's Pizza! I can't wait either! August, please hurry up and get here fast!