+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Elios
    Sand Dollars

Re: Hotel vs. Condo

my family always stayed in condos or efficncys but mostly condos

condos i know are nice

9400, Capri, Seawatch, Rainbow

of them Seawatch and Rainbow are my favs if i could pick any id go for the Rainbow but Seawatch is cheaper

i like staying on the upper floors and the shape of the Rainbow and Seawatch get you great views of the ocean and the bay

annie 79
    Sand Dollars

I have stayed in both and have enjoyed both places. We normally only stay in OC for 4-5 days at a time so a hotel efficiency is usually how we go but the condos are much homier. Although we do go to the beach to enjoy the beach and attractions so we don't spend much time in either. The condos make me want to just forget the trip back to home and just live at OC. Man I would love that.

Sand Dollars

I have done both condos and hotel rooms many many times. They both have plenty of pros and cons.

Pros:

- Hotel Rooms: I usually get to see alot more of OC during the times I've stayed in hotel rooms. Simply because I don't spend much time in the room. Also, I feel like I get a really "flavor" for other vacationers. When ya stay at a hotel you see many more people and it has kind of a "college dorm" feel at times.

- Condos: It's a beach home. Everything is yours for the week and you can make the place your own while you're there. I agree with Annie. Almost every time I stay in a condo, I find myself at some point in the week thinking "I could just stay here forever."

Cons:

- Hotel Rooms: No comfort. You're at your housekeepers mercy at times. All it takes is one bad neighbor to ruin your stay. Often no way to cook for yourself and you have to eat out all the time.

Condos: You usually see the same people every year. Condo owners tend to give their renters first dibs on renting the same week the following year, so you tend to see the same renters from the year before. Also, you can get too comfy in your condo and stay in it longer than you should. I mean come on!!!! The Atlantic Ocean is 100 yards away and I'm sitting in my condo watching Big Brother????

Sand Dollars

Quote Originally Posted by Britt4duke

Also, you can get too comfy in your condo and stay in it longer than you should. I mean come on!!!! The Atlantic Ocean is 100 yards away and I'm sitting in my condo watching Big Brother????
    I couldn't agree more. It often takes a bit more of a "push" to get the family out of the condo and onto the beach than it does if you're in a hotel.

tfunky14
    Sand Dollars

Well just got back from OC and can honestly say it will be condo for the rest of my like vacationing in OC. (unless its 3 days or less)

It was so nice to spread out and yes you have the feal of not having to rush off to the boardwalk. It was nice to cook breakfest, pack lunches for the beach and only pay for suppers. We really enjoyed our stay (Pyramid on 95), had a great time.

As I mention about over-all price between a condo or a hotel in previous post, it was about the same. We spent the same last year for a hotel for 5 days as we did this year for a condo for 5 days. It breaks just about even but the condo has the benifit of add space and comfort.

So 3 and under do a hotel, anything more I recommend a condo.

Sand Dollars

tfunky! I'm so proud of you! We have a convert! Glad you had a good time. I couldn't agree with you more. Condos are definitely more relaxing for a week.

Sand Dollars

I stayed in a house on bayside with a huge deck and dock this year. Absolutely loved it! I'll agree, short trips - hotels, longer trips, I'll be staying in a house or condo. I really want to rent a boardwalk/ocean front condo with a nice balcony next year.

Sand Dollars

I will always go for a condo over a hotel if we're staying more than a day or two. A condo has more room and is much more comfortable for an extended stay. Plus if you have a rainy day or someone in your party is not feeling well, staying in the condo for a few hours can actually be enjoyable because you have more room to spread out and feel more at home.

ilovetotravel
    Sand Dollars

(removed by admin)

hapnstance

ilovetotravel: we are talking Ocean City, MD, not Chicago. About the only thing you hear from my condo are birds and the occasional fishing boat, NO street traffic. Have a feeling yo0u are just another one hit wonder.