+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    hapnstance

Re: Capatain's Table at the Marriott Courtyard 15th Street

Why? How? Because 30 people can only have 150 comments about 1 restaurant. Also, someone revived this 3 month old post and commented on it. Then someone had to describe the economic feasibility of different forms of lobster and someone asked what asian crab was when they just as easily could have Googled it and someone brought up Ember's crab legs for the 2 millionth time and you scolded everyone and here we are. The fact of the matter is this: DOESN'T MATTER IF IT'S LE BERNADINE OR CAPTAIN'S TABLE; EVERY ONCE IN AWHILE YOU ARE GOING TO HAVE A BAD EXPERIENCE!! IS IT RIGHT? IS IT WRONG? WHO CARES IT HAPPENS! SUCK IT UP AND GET OVER IT!

Sand Dollars

Quote Originally Posted by hapnstance

Why? How? Because 30 people can only have 150 comments about 1 restaurant. Also, someone revived this 3 month old post and commented on it. Then someone had to describe the economic feasibility of different forms of lobster and someone asked what asian crab was when they just as easily could have Googled it and someone brought up Ember's crab legs for the 2 millionth time and you scolded everyone and here we are. The fact of the matter is this: DOESN'T MATTER IF IT'S LE BERNADINE OR CAPTAIN'S TABLE; EVERY ONCE IN AWHILE YOU ARE GOING TO HAVE A BAD EXPERIENCE!! IS IT RIGHT? IS IT WRONG? WHO CARES IT HAPPENS! SUCK IT UP AND GET OVER IT!
    my question was meant as some what rhetorical, but thanks for time line of events, just the same... LOL

hapnstance

Sorry, Dean, didn't have my coffee yesterday.

Sand Dollars

no problem! Hopefully 9 months from now, when somebody else digs up this old thread and decides to post in it, they'll bring it back on topic! lol

Sand Dollars
    I posted the original regarding the Captain's Table. I have been to just about every nice restaurant in Ocean City and many of them are good. In my opinion, the Captain's Table was my best dining experience in all the year's I have visited Ocean City. I came to the Captain's Table when it was in the old Santa Maria and I loved it then. I always made it a part of my visit either for breakfast or dinner. I never was disappointed then and not now. I will be going again 10/4/14 for my husband's birthday and trust that it will be the same. From the ice tea, to bread, salad, entree, dessert and coffee.....perfect! Obviously, it is a secret not many know about. I mention it to my friends and none of them have ever been there. It is a shame because it is quite a treasure!

Sand Dollars

Captain's Table

Well, it has been three years since I have been to the Captain's Table. Went again on 10/4/14 for my husband's birthday. Again, 10+++! I had made my reservation on line a month prior and, yes, they had it in the book (impressive). Our server, Bonnie, was wonderful. She was accommodating and right on the money with everything! I had put in a special request to have a birthday dessert with candle, and, sure enough, Bonnie took care of it! The piano man and the man on the drums played the birthday song for my husband which made it special!

The meal was superb! My husband had lobster with crab imperial (which I tasted), cooked to perfection. I had crab meat lump with a sherry wine and butter sauce, worth every penny I spent. I got mashed potatoes (they were real mashed potatoes whipped to perfection) along with broccoli which was tender and delicious.

From the beginning to the end nothing but perfection. I highly recommend this secret treasure in Ocean City which no one seems to know about. I just love it there!

Sand Dollars
    The Captain's Table has always been one of our favorites. We discovered it because of this site and the sand dollars which you used to be able to redeem for gift cards to spend there (can't get them any more). We always loved the Scampi style New York Strip steak. And the BREAD!! OMG! Between their bread and Mio Fratello's bread, I could just eat that and die happy. lol
    Glad to hear they're still serving such good food. They're not cheap, but the meal is worth the expense.
    Ask an OC Insider

Sand Dollars
    Located on the 3rd floor of the brand new Courtyard by Marriott on 15th Street and the beach, the family-owned Captain's Table brings back its famous menu, featuring the freshest fish, seafood, vegetables and steaks, not to mention the impeccable service.