+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Sand Dollars

Capatain's Table at the Marriott Courtyard 15th Street

I give this restaurant a 10+++!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just went to eat at the Captain's Table at the Marriott Courtyard this past weekend 4/29-5/1. I have to say in all the years that I have gone to Ocean City this has been "hands-down" the best meal I have ever had there.

The bartender was wonderful! The meal from the appetizer to the dessert was simply scrumptous! I did find out that the owners are the same owners of the former Santa Maria's Captain's Table...and I always loved the food there so it made perfect sense. I highly and strongly recommend that everyone try this restaurant. Kudos to the chefs! Supreme fine dining. It was well worth every cent I spent. The portions were more than ample and everything was fresh and delicious. I definitely will make it my next meal when I go to visit again. I cannot even say enough about it.

Sand Dollars

Re: Capatain's Table at the Marriott Courtyard 15th Street

No arguement here! I've been saying that to EVERYONE! I never was there when it was the "old" Captain's Table so I can only base my opinion on this new one. And the hubby and I make it a point of eating there at least once each visit. Love it!

Sand Dollars

We like the Captains table too. I agree it lost some of it's old charm it once had, but the waitstaff, is friendly and the food is the same as it ever was.

BUT.... be careful!!!! saying things about the quality of dinning or how fresh the food is can be a hanging offense round these parts....

Quote Originally Posted by beachbunny

Supreme fine dining. The portions were more than ample and everything was fresh and delicious.

Sand Dollars

I agree 100% with you beachbunny. The food there is consistently the best and it is our favorite of all OC restaurants (which I have mentioned in other threads). The only minor complaint we have is the warm cozy feeling of the old Captain's Table and the piano player...but the food is why we go there and that is excellent. We always eat at the high top tables in the bar since it is much "warmer" AND the bartenders are both great...Steve is my favorite.

Sand Dollars

I have never been but have always heard good reviews about this place, need to check it out sometime.

Quote Originally Posted by DeanM

BUT.... be careful!!!! saying things about the quality of dinning or how fresh the food is can be a hanging offense round these parts....

Quote Originally Posted by beachbunny

Supreme fine dining. The portions were more than ample and everything was fresh and delicious.

Really? Why must you find it necessary to antogonize and be so condesending?

Nothing wrong with providing personal reviews and don't see any outragous, unsubstatiated claims posted....it's good to hear this type of review about Captains Table. This type of thread is what this forum welcomes and I enjoy reading, it's the playground style un-provoked personal jabs we could use less of. IMO

Sand Dollars

well said lbo

Sand Dollars

Right on lbo!! It never seems to stop...

But...you must try the Captain's Table and report back. We love the food and the appetizer's are not only excellent but healthier then the vast majority of places.

Sand Dollars

SMH...LOL

Nice DINING REPORT :-)

I like the Captains Table as well and took friends from out of town there Saturday. Ate in the Bar Area. I had scallops with crabmeat and cheese tray app. Smoked salmon mashed potatoes were bangin'.

I noticed they have breakfast and was wondering if anyone has tried that. I'm a ham and egger but Mothers Day is coming.

I will go back after Labor Day, getting too busy at popular places although the town is dead during week. The one thing non-locals and summer visitors dont see is the day to day transformation into summer when lots of place are desparate for any kind of business. Ive noticed alot of places still not open during week. Its very telling. Stuff like that though is only seen by people who live here year round. Hard to get a real pulse when you are here for one week a year. Last weekend was a weird crowd in OC I have to say. Different weeks have totally different groupos. Interesting mix of people but didnt look like big spenders. Usual suspects still busy on weekends. No one in town tonite except about 300 golfers driving drunk down Coastal in spikes! Oh and 100 Cops too.

hapnstance

Welcome to the OceanCity.com 2011 Season of Contention. I particularly like the unprovoked, personal, playground like jab while chastising another member. Seems to me that unless you are one of the 1100 year round citizens of Ocean City your opinion doesn't matter here. Personally, I try alot of the restaurants mentioned in threads and 6-10 I would never go back to because either the quality of the food is poor or the service stinks. Opinions are like.....everyone has one.

Sand Dollars

Actually, there are about 7,300 year round residents :-)