+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Sand Dollars
    Holiday Inn on 17th is hard to beat - period!
    The Carousel is nice and has lots to do...
    I like the outdoor scene at Holiday Inn Oceanfront on 67th.

Sand Dollars
    Agree with z holiday inn on 17th is nice.

Sand Dollars
    Quote Originally Posted by DeanM View Post
    Holiday Inn on 17th is hard to beat - period!
    The Carousel is nice and has lots to do...
    I like the outdoor scene at Holiday Inn Oceanfront on 67th.
    Dean-- I agree, I like the Holiday Inn Oceanfront on 67th Str. too. Great pool/pool bar area. Rooms were very nice there too!

Sand Dollars
    Quote Originally Posted by Holly'sMom View Post
    Dean-- I agree, I like the Holiday Inn Oceanfront on 67th Str. too. Great pool/pool bar area. Rooms were very nice there too!
    The Holiday Inn on 67th street was where we stayed our first-ever trip to OC. I remember it was the year (maybe the first year) that the laster pointers were the rage and at dark the courtyard area lit up like a scene out of star wars with the kids all shining their lasers from balcony to balcony. Pretty cool at the time, these days I guess that's frowned on.

As for me, I did like the "swim-up" bar in the pool -- second only to Castle in the Sand's beach service for my favorite OC hotel amenity! ;-)

Sand Dollars
    Quote Originally Posted by pghDave View Post
    The Holiday Inn on 67th street was where we stayed our first-ever trip to OC. I remember it was the year (maybe the first year) that the laster pointers were the rage and at dark the courtyard area lit up like a scene out of star wars with the kids all shining their lasers from balcony to balcony. Pretty cool at the time, these days I guess that's frowned on.

As for me, I did like the "swim-up" bar in the pool -- second only to Castle in the Sand's beach service for my favorite OC hotel amenity! ;-)
    We stayed at Castle in the Sand one year. Loved Coconuts and the pool is HUGE!! The only downside--the set of condos to the left (looking from the pool area) has tinted windows and someone should let the people renting those condos know that just because the windows are tinted doesn't mean we can't see you looking out....when you are toweling off from just getting out of the shower....naked...in front of your window. True story.

Sand Dollars
    Agree with PghDave about the HI on 67th St. That was our very first hotel we ever stayed in years ago. The halls were all open then so when the wind blew or it rained you knew it. It's been remodeled at least twice in the last 20 years and is still one of our favorites. Not quite as grand as the one on 17th, but it has a lot going for it. And the old Reflections restaurant that was inside is now gone, replaced by A Touch of Italy and it has been getting great reviews.
    Ask an OC Insider

Sand Dollars
    Holiday rentals are better than holtels and motels, because if we can get more luxurious rooms at affordable prices then why go for anything else, where in holiday rentals we get freedom, more comfort than a hotel rooms and they are more spacious too.

Sand Dollars
    Quote Originally Posted by brunylee View Post
    Holiday rentals are better than holtels and motels, because if we can get more luxurious rooms at affordable prices then why go for anything else, where in holiday rentals we get freedom, more comfort than a hotel rooms and they are more spacious too.
    That's a given that condo rentals are less expensive and more roomy than a hotel for a week, but that's another thread.

This one is just about hotels. Let's stay on the hotel topic.
    Ask an OC Insider

Sand Dollars
    I haven't stayed in Hotels or Motels since the 80's. We started out by staying at "Misty Harbor" for years- smallish, no frills on the bayside somewhere around 28th street. It was always clean, but again, very small. This place got plowed under during the building boom of the mid 2000's, but then the owner must have lost his shirt in the "slide-back" when the market corrected, and it's been a vacant lot for about 8 or 9 years now (with the sign still remaining as far as I know).

We then started staying at the Castle in the Sand Hotel- and again, I have no idea how the rooms are today, but the setup of that place was great. Big pool, and it had the onsite breakfast place and game-room- It's where I mastered Donkey Kong, Pac Man, and Galaga as a kid. Today, we still visit this hotel since they have a nice outdoor lunch/happy hour setup right next to their Volleyball court- and as I mentioned in another post, this is the ONLY place I know of in Ocean City that serves drinks (including alcohol) out onto the beach. The wait staff brings food and drinks all the way "downy ocean" (hon). I still don't know how this place is the only place to capitalize on that (or how it's legal). That alone makes it a great spot, and we still visit to this day for lunch or a nice spot to hang out on the beach with food and bathroom access.

Sand Dollars

Smile Re: Best Hotels in OC

The best hotel in OC is the Dunes Manor Hotel and Motel. My mom and I stay they for Springfest and Sunfest. We go down other weekends throughout the year. It is always clean, great location, and staff are so nice. We have gone here for over 30 years.
    I also want to mention the Hilton. We stay there when we come down for Thanksgivivg. My niece and nephews love it. It has game room, gym, and great pool. The beds are the best. The staff is very nice. We were able to get two rooms side by side. The restaurant in the hotel us very good. At Thanksgiving they decorate for Christmas, it is beautiful.