+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Sand Dollars

Best Pizza in OC

Inspired by the "Best Burger" thread, how about the best pizza? There are some crappy places I won't name and a handful of good places to get a decent pizza.

Just had a pizza from Pizza Mambos...... very impressed. Great pizza actually and at a fair price as well. It has only been open for a year in meid town (71st? between Peckers and Bagels N' Buns) and a couple years down on 8-9th Street next to Pickles. If you haven't had it definately try it..... I heard the wings were great so I tried the place out. Got pizza tonight not wings though.

Runner up for me would be Tugo's. Many dislike Tugo's, I like it.

Sand Dollars

Re: Best Pizza in OC

My favorite is 3 Brothers. Just because that's the kind of pizza I like. Nothing fancy.

Sand Dollars

Mione's...West OC...in the White Martin Plaza.

Sand Dollars

Hard question to answer.
    Use to like Tony's on the boards until it got really skuzzy (obviously they don't clean tables in Eastern Europe)
    Use to like Pino's when it was in the mall next to the Keno playing bookstore (Ethel's Books)
    Ponzetti's in the off-season is pretty good.Really gets bad in July & August.
    Doughroller YUCK ! (anything)
    Pizza Hut-cardboard with tomatoe soup.
    Going to try Pizza Mambo.

Sand Dollars

I'll go with Ponzetti's

Sand Dollars

If I want to go in and sit down and eat I like Fausto's Brick Oven Bistro on 12th st on the boards.

If I'm just going to grab a slice or do take out Franco's on 16th & boardwalk gets my vote.

Sand Dollars

I forgot to add, my favorite spot downtown on the boards is Pizano's. The pizza is good, nothing spectacular but they have the best atmosphere..... my daughter and I visit a lot just to grab a slice at the counter.

Sand Dollars

I love Ponzettis and have had a ton of 'em......until my last one last year.....ordered green and red peppers.....had an off taste.....they had put pickled sub peppers on it. This was dreadful and I've been meaning to ask them about it. Hope I get a better response than I got from the management at Buxys. But I digress..........

Sand Dollars

I really like Caruso's on the Boardwalk.

I really used to like Captain's. I haven't had it in quite some time. I think they still have a location near the Delaware line, but I miss when they were in West OC.

Sand Dollars

Ponzetti's takes my top spot. If you've never tried it, I would encourage you to try it once. It is different, but very good. We get a Ponzetti's pizza every time we are in town, and I have found them to be fairly consistent. I also like Lombardi's. And for something VERY different, I like Ledo's...but I have to be in the mood for it. Ledo's has great dressing on their house salad as well.