+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Sand Dollars

Re: 45th Street Village

Multiple venues will be there. Including a fish market to insure that fresh seafood will be served at each meal. Finally this place is getting the justice it deserves. Taphouse for the local bar feel, restaurant for the beautiful dining on the bay, and a nightclub to be open in the former boathouse. Difference here is management is experienced in Ocean City, and have a proven track record of success. With ample parking, and an updated clean feel, this place will be a viable option for all. I for one can not wait to enjoy a bar on the bay.

Sand Dollars

Enjoy a bar on the bay? So, OC Frogs, Mr Ducks, Lazy Lizard, Fish Tales, Seacrets, Mackys, Dead Freddies, Harpoon Hannas and Captain Adams (!) aren't on the bay?

Where did the management previously work in OC?

Sand Dollars

I know a couple people that worked in managment together at another place that was "on the water" (no not BJ's), they are decent guys with a capable and complimentary (front of house & back of house) skill set. That is if in fact Avi hired them, haven't talked with either one since November/December when they were talking about the possibility and it's when Avi asked me what I knew about one of those two. I wonder if either one or both got the gig.......... that would be great if they both got a job there.

I am just glad they are doing something with the property, it started to become a blight on the neighborhood. The building closest to the highway looks nice, real nice. I like the double story windows on the backside of the building and can't wait to see what it looks like from the inside. I noticed they began tearing down or renovating the Boathouse/Scandals building exposing some steel I-Beams. With all the parking available 45th street will be a destination this summer and I can't wait to see how it tuns out, having the St. Patty's Day Parade coinciding with a grand opening will be awesome.

Sand Dollars

It certainly is exciting to see them renovating the property. I did notice that the "Flavors of Italy " restaurant that was located next door had its sign covered with tape. ( covering up the name) Does anyone know whats going in there? Is that Avi's as well?

Sand Dollars

Hmmmm..... didn't notice that and not certain. Doesn't Flavors of Italy have a place on the boards too? Or somewhere downtown? I wonder if that is still around. Avi owns a few restaurants, or at least the property, it wouldn't surprise me but I am not certain & didn't think so. Could be wrong, have no idea.

Sand Dollars

Flavors of Italy on 45th is done, and LBO you are correct with those people.

Sand Dollars

Quote Originally Posted by rssmd

Talked to the people that run the 9th St. TapHouse and Shawniup is correct and I hope this place does well there. The guy that runs it also told us that the restaurant that they will also be running will be a seafood place, he said kind of like a Joe's Crabshack. Never been to one so I have no idea what they serve. He said the vision was to have different seafood pots (boils if you will) from around the country featuring the seafood and other foods from that area. New Orleans pot would be something like crawfish, shrimp, andouille sausage. Sounds like a good idea...hope it can do well in that not so lucky location. It's a prime location so hopefully if they put something decent in there it will do well.

So still on for a St Patty's day opening for the Restaurants to open in May?

With the impressive views, plenty of parking, and the all new layout/building both restaurants should do well. The co-joined bar area with outside seating should be a nice fit for the area as well. I wish them luck, with the proper management the place(s) should be a hit.

Sand Dollars

Quote Originally Posted by shawniup

Flavors of Italy on 45th is done, and LBO you are correct with those people.

Good to know, just talked to one of my buddies who got a job there. I guess I had the name wrong of about OC Steamers, I wish them well and think they (The entire village) will be an alternative to the mid-town area of a Seacrets, Macky's and Fish Tales. I am glad to see the the "Village" being re-developed and wish them well but they need to do it right............... with the talent I am sure they will. Sorry to see Flavors go, whats going on there? Something new or are they just looking for a new tennant?

The 45th street village will be alive in 2012 and glad to see it doing something this season. Providing they hit the quality levels (Both service and food) they should do well. That area has been in dire need for something positive and looks as though it will be. Shawniup looks as though you know whats going on, feel free to elaborate more.

Sand Dollars

Sons of Italy will be an expanded Sunsations. The Steamhouse is the right idea LBO, similar to a joes crabsshack, tap house, fishmarket, night club, and some other stores on the south end.

Sand Dollars

Looking at the paper today and liquor licenses granted, Avi was approved for;

Tap House on the Bay

Pelican Perch deck bar

Steakhouse (reads "the Steakhouse", thinking it was a steamer place.... maybe both?)

Bayside Beach Bar

Also approved was the Bayside Market.

I can't wait for it to open, it should be nice and a HUGE imporvement over what was there.