+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Sand Dollars

45th Street Village

I heard originally new retail with a restaurant. Maybe Loco Gringos...Kidding

Anyone hear anything different. It seems they skinned the whole right side and now they are framing it back in.

I'll keep my ear to the ground

Sand Dollars

Re: 45th Street Village

I heard the other day that they are building a bayfront restaurant, due to open some time in the fall.

Sand Dollars

Interesting to see a new restaurant being built there since the other bay front location in the village never succeeded in the long run. That venue always seemed to have lots of potential with great views of the bay, lots of parking, and other shops (especially before the Sunsations overrun a few years ago) to draw people in, but no place could ever survive there more than a few years. The village has been there close to 30 years and I can’t think of any place that lasted 5 years. I think one of the first places there (named something like The Golden Plough) lasted the longest, and that couldn’t have been much more than 5 years. There was a nightclub there for several years, but I think it retained the same name, but kept changing ownership. Over the years that venue got run down, but I would have thought a renovation would have made more sense than new construction

Sand Dollars

That nightclub was just creepy all around! I had to use a restroom when I was at the plaza once and they had a restroom available but it was on the outside of the building. Let's just say that I opened the door, and closed it and ran away fast as I could go!

Everybody seems to think you can get rich in OC. To me, OC is saturated with too many of the same type restaurants. So unless you can come up with a new scheme, nothing will last for long.

Sand Dollars

There used to be an awesome little shop in the Village called "Sunny Caribbee". They sold spices and hot sauces and various other foods and cooking-type stuff. Anyone remember that place?

Sand Dollars

I do. I actually bought some really HOT sauces there. I dont' think they relocated anywhere though. But the Country Store in north OC sells a great selection of spices and hot sauces.

Sand Dollars

Quote Originally Posted by Z06RL

I do. I actually bought some really HOT sauces there. I dont' think they relocated anywhere though. But the Country Store in north OC sells a great selection of spices and hot sauces.

Oh Great another big Bayfront Restaurant...Rumor has it its called "The Ambitious Eagle"......

Details to Follow

jbackof
    Sand Dollars

I had heard about a year or yea and a half ago that new condos were going in where those shops were. Maybe the plan has changed or maybe I heard wrong...

Sand Dollars

Is the "Tap House" from 9th street opening a second location here? I heard that and a seafood steamer restaurant will be opening by the spring (March 14th opening) in that area and the Tap House. Construction looks good and they are moving along, the big bay windows will provide impresive views.

Sand Dollars

If you're heading south on Coastal and you look at whatever they're building on the farthest right, you see a TON of HUGE windows facing the bay. What is that going to be? I hope it's a restaurant because it should have some great views and plenty of light.