+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    hapnstance

Re: v w audi car rally

Is what it is. Hate these young kids who think it's appropriate to act any way they want. He was luck I got him before my wife. She's a second degree black belt.

Sand Dollars

Quote Originally Posted by FoksvgnR32

So after reading all your post I couldnt help but comment and defend this car show. As someone who has been going to this show for the past 5 years and has been a summer resident of OC all of my 25 years I think some of you need to ease up and be little more realistic.

Hey Sharon W - Do you think they could hold sunfest a different week? It really screws up traffic and you guys take up all the parking spots....do you see how ridiculous you sound? Traffic in OC always sucks on weekends especially in downtown OC. If that is where you chose to stay then you are going to deal with some chaos. Also, they use painters tape to protect the paint on the front bumpers and fenders from getting bugs all over it for the long drives that people take. People come from all over America and some even do a little hop, skip, and jump over the pond. And by the way, Life is change...get used to it.

Hey Hapnstance - Dont you realize drunken rude people are what make up most of America? and right now you kind of sound like one half of that...a little hypocritical arent we?

Hey Podeveryday - I do disagree that vw's are junk. Many have a lot of potential. I saw a vw run a 10.3 down the track the other day which is probably more than you can say about your car but I cant argue with the rest of your post. Why do they use painters tape in vuglar ways? becuase they are immature. why do they have wide tires? because thats what they like. But hey! guess what! They have had this show in OC for 10 years and last year had over 10,000 ppl. This is also an international show. People have come from Germany and other countries to see this show. It is the biggest vw show on the east coast and brings TONS of money to OC and the track so I doubt they are goin to VA anytime soon. See ya in september!

Hey Flaggerjohn and Z06RL - Thank you for your open-minded posts. I appreciate your opinions. And to clarify - They hold this event the last weekend in september because it is still part of tourist season so all hotels and restaurants are still open. Again, this is an international show and tons of people come so its not going to be in the off-season.

lbo - If you think this is the most disrespectful group that comes to town then maybe you should try going during June when the seniors of the state are down. Or come down during Memorial Weekend or 4th of July when everyone just wants to party and get drunk. Every group of people that come to OC has a disrespectful person in it. Unless you live in OC and are out every day watching every person in the town then you dont know what the hell your talking about. Again, every bunch has bad apples wether its sunfest, a car show, or senior week. its a tourist town. its America.... And addressing the issue with Cort Sikes, the guy in the write-up you posted, I do not condone what he did and I would definately say it was an extremely bad judgement call but his reason for doing so was he is from Austin, TX and was in OC, MD for the weekend and got a call that his mother died. He was drunk and acted out by driving his car like a complete idiot and recked the only Audi A3 in America. Such a shame, it was a great car. A stupid reason but a reason nontheless. Hopefully he learned his lesson.

Lorelei - That hater page you posted isnt going to do anything to the show. FYI.

My point here is that most of you are just complaining about things that inconvience you when you are sharing an entire town with thousands and thousands of other people. Shit is gonna happen. Most of you have probably done things to inconvience other people or piss them off or whatever. Everyone has their moments. It doesnt mean you need to come online and bash other peoples events. This is a tourist town and not all the people that come to these shows are ignorant, disrespectful people. Myself being one of them. It seems you see a few people do something stupid and uncalled for so therefore you think the entire show needs to go away because you dont like it. It seems you are trying to make everyone guilty by association when most of us come to OC to do the same thing you do...enjoy an event that is specific to our liking, enjoy the weather, experience the town, etc. So stop complaining about being rude just to turn around and be rude back, whether its online or to their face. Cant everyone just get along?? And just remember, anyone with an engine and an ego is gonna show off in one way or another whether its a car, bike, truck, or moped so if you dont like engines you might want to pick another week. Have a nice day! Hope to see you all at Dubs at the Beach, May 2011 & H2Oi, Septmeber 2011 <3
    Well by golly, I don't know how anyone can think anything bad about this event after reading all of those well established and proven facts in the above post. I'm convinced now that every weekend there should be a dub related event at O.C. thanks to you. In fact, they should replace the Cruisin' O.C. and Endless Summer Cruisin' with more dub events. Who wants to see and hear those old, loud smelly cars there anyway. Thank you for enlightening me. I'll be forever in your debt.

moondog
    Sand Dollars

I totally agree with most people here that this group is the most annoying,worthless and rude bunch of losers to visit this town. They don't spend any money as they claim to do(except maybe on cigs & beer). Even if they would spend money, I'd rather they go bug somebody else. I've lived here year-round for 20 years and can assure you that NOBODY wants them here. I feel bad for the tourists that come down not knowing about these idiots and having to deal with them when they are here. Personally, if I was one of these "ricers", I wouldn't want to go somewhere where I knew we were not only unwanted, but also disliked so much. I love O.C. and most of the tourists that visit, but I wish these dirtballs would stay at home.

Sand Dollars

I totally agree with you, this group of kids are why over the top. Even back in the late 60's & 70's when we didn't want to be part of the so called "establishment" we were not this disrepectfull, litterers, and have little or no regard for other people on this planet...we did look forward to a furture no matter what it would be...these kids I believe have no respect for themselves or any other human being that exist. IMO.!!! I will not be there that week this year but will be coming in before Bike Week and leaving the Friday of Sunfest. I'll take the Bikers anytime as they are respectfull of the road even though they are loud..I can deal!! I'm afraid that OC will be losing tourist business that week and it is too bad as the end of the summer is always the best IMO.

Sand Dollars

I'm going to play devil's advocate here. Not disagreeing with the previous posts, but I think attitudes on both sides need adjusting. And posting how much you dislike them is just adding fuel to the fire. Some of the ones who go to that car show read these posts and it will just incite them more because they feel they're being disrespected, and being 18 or 19 they act out. I've never experienced the VW rally, but I've been down for Cruisin when the kids in the trucks roll in. The more you protest........the worse it gets. Like I suggested earlier........perhaps the answer would be to address this at City Council and insist that they have more police presence during that weekend. If they are pulled over, ticketed, and fined or arrested like they do at the other car shows then perhaps the kids will quit coming or at the least, quit misbehaving in OC. I don't think there is any way you can keep them out of OC, but making it miserable for them might be a big deterrant.

sharon w
    Sand Dollars

foksvgnR32- For us the only place to stay is downtown, that said, my family usually stays in Ocean City during "Senior" week at a hotel that caters to the groups of young people coming down, and they aren't as "entitled" as the group that comes in Sept. As for sunfest I believe it is held the weekend, that it is, because that signafies the "official" end of the summer season. So I don't think that weekend will change. My main point was that when a big event such as sunfest, springfest, biker week, etc.. is held and advertised, and the hotels charge you extra money for those times (like the holidays), then those events shouldn't coincide, they should be held at seperate dates. I have been down there on weekends during the season yes, it is crowded but, it is more a family atmosphere. For several years we have stayed over the 4th of July holiday which is ridiculously crowded, but again, a different type of crowd. Not over-run by people(not just car enthusiasts) hanging on the streets, in store/mall parking lots, sitting on the curbs and sidewalks blocking peoples way(causing bus troubles). It is not so much that it is crowded as it seems to be the disrespect of the other vacationers that happens(I know not everyone is like that, but majority rules) And I can't say that all that much revenue is being generated by the group that comes down as I have never seen any of them in any of the restaurants/stores/boardwalk shops we've been at(we go to all types of places) Yes, change happens and I can deal with it. Like I said guys at our hotel were pleasant enough, they even shared their moonshine!, but I think all around the group needs to remember there are other people there spending their money, venders-who make what is probably a majority of their yearly income that weekend(and the money they have to spend to stay there and secure their spot).

Go have your fun, just remember, there are other vacationers there. No, we don't want to push our way thru groups of you when we come out of stores, restaurants, clubs, taverns etc... we don't want a 10min jaunt down the coastal highway to take 30+mins because you are "showing" off, comparing, video taping your cars.

Sand Dollars

I was down on this weekend last year, and I only saw a few of the H2O'ers. Seemed like a very small crowd. Granted, we stay in North OC, but this seems like a lot of discussion for a crowd that is a mere blip on the OC radar. Please correct me if I am wrong, but compared to Sunfest, Senior Week Junebugs, Bike Week, Endless Cruising, these people are neither bringing in lots of revenue nor causing much of a disturbance.

hapnstance

Stay down on the south end and listen to them scream up and down Coastal every night. Also, try to park anywhere. Blip or no blip they are a pain in the ass.

Sand Dollars

I must admit, I dont' like any of the "bike week" / "car shows" because they are too loud for my taste. Though if I had to pick a group it would be the Cruisers, as they are usually a bit older, and they know how to behave themselves. I am trying to get away from generalizing, but ya...the H20 group are a punch of punks. I got into with a few of them myself last year. It's kinda funny to see a clown kick some punk kids ass, because he can't keep his mouth shut. I really would prefer they go to a different town. Like it was said previously, it's not like they come here to spend any money. They wasted all the cash on the dumb car.

Sand Dollars

I must admit, I dont' like any of the "bike week" / "car shows" because they are too loud for my taste. Though if I had to pick a group it would be the Cruisers, as they are usually a bit older, and they know how to behave themselves. I am trying to get away from generalizing, but ya...the H20 group are a punch of punks. I got into with a few of them myself last year. It's kinda funny to see a clown kick some punk kids ass, because he can't keep his mouth shut. I really would prefer they go to a different town. Like it was said previously, it's not like they come here to spend any money. They wasted all the cash on the dumb car.