+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    sharon w
    Sand Dollars

Re: v w audi car rally

Well the only participates we met at our hotel were 20 something males who it seemed worked to fork out big bucks to fix up their cars and add special parts! They weren't rude but used up a lot of the parking lot to clean and tape up their cars. Also in and out all hours of the night. Would gladly like to meet some of the middle aged hippies!! Plus we stay right there on Baltimore and all night when we sit on deck they just race up and down the street doing several laps with people sitting in beds of trucks etc... I remember being young, but?? I definately agree they shouldn't host events at the same time if they both draw such huge crowds. It is one thing if they are at different ends of town and don't overlap but when one interfers with the other it is time to rethink.. My understanding is that this is an unofficial car rally that they pick a city and converge?? I heard this a couple of years ago so maybe it has changed?? Don't want to give incorrect info, just going by what I heard. They stay in town fri and sat night and head to he race track sun because the sales reps from the automakers are there with the "special" add-ons they ordered or can order!! If they have a problem on their way there they call there car rep and he brings replacement parts! They tape their cars because they have a film they put on them to protect them when they travel. So when they get to town and remove the film they use the tape to make pictures and crude hand gesture symbols. Why?? I'm not sure?? guess just to fill in the time??

Sand Dollars

TEH SHOCKER

Two in the front then one in the rear

sharon w
    Sand Dollars

Yeah! But that isn't the phrase the guys at our hotel used!!

Sand Dollars

We usually go during bike week or Sunfest. I prefer Sunfest, but we stay when the condo is available so we don't get a say in it. From the sounds of it, I'll be hoping to stay during bike week this year. I would rather spend time with bikers than 20 somethings with souped up cars any day of the week.

Sand Dollars

had it with H2Oi
    Last edited by Lorelei; 05-07-2015 at 03:54 PM.

FoksvgnR32
    Sand Dollars

So after reading all your post I couldnt help but comment and defend this car show. As someone who has been going to this show for the past 5 years and has been a summer resident of OC all of my 25 years I think some of you need to ease up and be little more realistic.

Hey Sharon W - Do you think they could hold sunfest a different week? It really screws up traffic and you guys take up all the parking spots....do you see how ridiculous you sound? Traffic in OC always sucks on weekends especially in downtown OC. If that is where you chose to stay then you are going to deal with some chaos. Also, they use painters tape to protect the paint on the front bumpers and fenders from getting bugs all over it for the long drives that people take. People come from all over America and some even do a little hop, skip, and jump over the pond. And by the way, Life is change...get used to it.

Hey Hapnstance - Dont you realize drunken rude people are what make up most of America? and right now you kind of sound like one half of that...a little hypocritical arent we?

Hey Podeveryday - I do disagree that vw's are junk. Many have a lot of potential. I saw a vw run a 10.3 down the track the other day which is probably more than you can say about your car but I cant argue with the rest of your post. Why do they use painters tape in vuglar ways? becuase they are immature. why do they have wide tires? because thats what they like. But hey! guess what! They have had this show in OC for 10 years and last year had over 10,000 ppl. This is also an international show. People have come from Germany and other countries to see this show. It is the biggest vw show on the east coast and brings TONS of money to OC and the track so I doubt they are goin to VA anytime soon. See ya in september!

Hey Flaggerjohn and Z06RL - Thank you for your open-minded posts. I appreciate your opinions. And to clarify - They hold this event the last weekend in september because it is still part of tourist season so all hotels and restaurants are still open. Again, this is an international show and tons of people come so its not going to be in the off-season.

lbo - If you think this is the most disrespectful group that comes to town then maybe you should try going during June when the seniors of the state are down. Or come down during Memorial Weekend or 4th of July when everyone just wants to party and get drunk. Every group of people that come to OC has a disrespectful person in it. Unless you live in OC and are out every day watching every person in the town then you dont know what the hell your talking about. Again, every bunch has bad apples wether its sunfest, a car show, or senior week. its a tourist town. its America.... And addressing the issue with Cort Sikes, the guy in the write-up you posted, I do not condone what he did and I would definately say it was an extremely bad judgement call but his reason for doing so was he is from Austin, TX and was in OC, MD for the weekend and got a call that his mother died. He was drunk and acted out by driving his car like a complete idiot and recked the only Audi A3 in America. Such a shame, it was a great car. A stupid reason but a reason nontheless. Hopefully he learned his lesson.

Lorelei - That hater page you posted isnt going to do anything to the show. FYI.

My point here is that most of you are just complaining about things that inconvience you when you are sharing an entire town with thousands and thousands of other people. Shit is gonna happen. Most of you have probably done things to inconvience other people or piss them off or whatever. Everyone has their moments. It doesnt mean you need to come online and bash other peoples events. This is a tourist town and not all the people that come to these shows are ignorant, disrespectful people. Myself being one of them. It seems you see a few people do something stupid and uncalled for so therefore you think the entire show needs to go away because you dont like it. It seems you are trying to make everyone guilty by association when most of us come to OC to do the same thing you do...enjoy an event that is specific to our liking, enjoy the weather, experience the town, etc. So stop complaining about being rude just to turn around and be rude back, whether its online or to their face. Cant everyone just get along?? And just remember, anyone with an engine and an ego is gonna show off in one way or another whether its a car, bike, truck, or moped so if you dont like engines you might want to pick another week. Have a nice day! Hope to see you all at Dubs at the Beach, May 2011 & H2Oi, Septmeber 2011 <3

Sand Dollars

I have to agree with most on here that between bike week and now I hear there will be two groups, and the audi/vw weekend, I'm finding it quite annonying to enjoy my usuall 2 week stay in OC. I started going down for Springfest and then again Sunfest week over 10 years ago. Now I usally go Memorial Day week and then again in late September. I find that the bikers probably spend money in OC and are mostly middleaged and usually pretty down to earth (but the bikes are loud and plentify and all restaurants/bars are way too crowded as well as the road) but the VW crowd seems to be young kids who are not even of legal age and mostly shop at the fastfood places, drive dangerously swerving in & out of traffic, and sit by the road (which is real dangerous, to watch the cars go by all night long). Last year I saw kids hanging out of their car video taping their own car and wheels. Where are the cops during this event? I don't understand why OC council would want this crowd in town, especially with the mostly older set who attends Sunfest. I think I maybe changing my venue after this September. I guess I might have to stay in Jersey, right?

Sand Dollars

Quote Originally Posted by FoksvgnR32

lbo - If you think this is the most disrespectful group that comes to town then maybe you should try going during June when the seniors of the state are down. Or come down during Memorial Weekend or 4th of July when everyone just wants to party and get drunk. Every group of people that come to OC has a disrespectful person in it. Unless you live in OC and are out every day watching every person in the town then you dont know what the hell your talking about. Again, every bunch has bad apples wether its sunfest, a car show, or senior week. its a tourist town. its America.... And addressing the issue with Cort Sikes, the guy in the write-up you posted, I do not condone what he did and I would definately say it was an extremely bad judgement call but his reason for doing so was he is from Austin, TX and was in OC, MD for the weekend and got a call that his mother died. He was drunk and acted out by driving his car like a complete idiot and recked the only Audi A3 in America. Such a shame, it was a great car. A stupid reason but a reason nontheless. Hopefully he learned his lesson.

I do live in town, have for 20+ years, and I am out everyday (including Winter), and trust me when I say they are the most disrepectful group that visits the area. H2O also litters the town like no other event, hands down the filthiest. And yes, worse then "June Bugs" that visit every May/June.

Not all attendees, don't get me wrong........ most of the people I have met are cool but on a percentage of "bad apples" H2O brings the most.

EDIT:

My suggestion would be, if you're in a position of H2O influence, to show a little more respect and to try and polish the mannerism. I understand the "hella flush" crowd is young but I don't see much maturity. Many events, successful events, didn't happen overnight. The VW thing is still less then 5 years new and I would just suggest having the group be more respectful and polite. Don't throw your napkings on the parking lot ground when there is a trash can < 25 feet away..... tip your server,..............obey the speed limits......... absolutely no drag racing. Even the crusizers in their 11tybillion more HP vehicles dont race up and down the road. Not cool and I see the VW clowns pull this.

I just ask to show more respect for the traffic laws in the name of safety. And throw trash in trash cans, not parking lot. Those are my only real gripes.

hapnstance

Take yourself and your obnoxious, drunken, littering, rude, and disrespectful band of punks to some other town. One of you upstandiung citizens had his ass whipped last year when he grabbed my wife's ass. Another group was thrown out of condo complex because they thought it was funny to piss off the third floor balcony. And yet another thought it was okay to use boats as their party platforms. So do I repect your group not in the least. Do I appreciate your vehicles, no. The only time I care where you come from is when you're going back to it.

Sand Dollars

Yo Hap...tell us how you really feel. LOL

I must say that I avoid the entire event so that I don't hurt someone or get hurt myself; getting too old for that. But total disrespect makes me feel years younger. LOL