+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Sand Dollars
    Quote Originally Posted by Z06RL View Post
    I think the point you were trying to make got lost somewhere here.
    Nope, it's not lost... YOU got it excately!

ToastyBoy
    Sand Dollars
    Wow, that's kinda scary...we're staying there the week of the 10th. This will be our 6th year staying there and it's been 4 stars every time. My only 2 complaints, and I've mentioned it on those email surveys they send after your stay, is the late maid service and the phantom pool waitresses.(last year was the only time that the waitresses were a problem) And it wouldn't be so bad if they maid came at the same time every day, we'd make sure to stay out of her way at that time. But one day she'll show up at 2PM and then the next day at 4PM, and the next day at 1PM, etc. But unless it's gone way downhill since last year, it's still the best place I've ever seen on the boardwalk and believe me I've looked. The Hilton is new and probably nicer, but we like to be on the boardwalk. There's a few places on the boards that are almost as nice, but one might not have a jacuzzi in the room, or another one won't have poolside waitresses, and this other one doesn't have a safe big enough for my laptop. So even though it's way overpriced in my opinion, it's the only vacation we take and we've been spoiled by all of their amenities. But I suppose if they put us in a crappy room like they did to Dean and don't make it right, we'll be checking into the Hilton or Dunes Manor next year.

Sand Dollars
    Quote Originally Posted by ToastyBoy View Post
    But unless it's gone way downhill since last year, it's still the best place I've ever seen on the boardwalk and believe me I've looked. The Hilton is new and probably nicer, but we like to be on the boardwalk. There's a few places on the boards that are almost as nice, but one might not have a jacuzzi in the room, or another one won't have poolside waitresses, and this other one doesn't have a safe big enough for my laptop. So even though it's way overpriced in my opinion, it's the only vacation we take and we've been spoiled by all of their amenities.
    Well, that is it in a nut shell. When you start trying to compare the amenities to other hotels, you end up sacrificing something. If you had the Hilton sitting next to it then that would be different, but it's not... Some people go to OC and don't really care about hotel location at all, others won't stay on the boards for love or money. For me if I can't stay on the boardwalk, I'd just as soon not go at all. So like I said maybe this thread will be the swift kick in the a$$ that the management needs to get their act together so in the future nobody has to deal with these snaggs.

Sand Dollars
    I have stayed at both the Hilton & the Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites. We stayed at the Holiday Inn last fall and I thought the hotel was very nice, very clean, and we had no problems. The only small complaint I had was that the furniture in the living room area was starting to wear and slightly rough around the edges, but I can't hold the hotel 100% responsible for that, as it seems many people treat hotel rooms like crap, hopefully they don't treat their homes in such fashion.

Our stay at the Hilton was the first year it opened and it was great. The hotel was impeccable in addition to the service. We are staying there again in October, so we will see what 3 years has done to the hotel. However, they did receive the AAA Four Diamond Award, so I would imagine that they need to hold this hotel to a higher standard. When we got back from our trip to the Hilton, I was so impressed I sent a letter to the general manager complimenting him on his property & staff and I received a very nice letter back from him. I guess the only thing the Holiday Inn has going for it vs. the Hilton is its Boardwalk location.

Bulwer
    Sand Dollars

Hmmm....

...I wonder if you had numerous complaints would you have received a response??

ToastyBoy
    Sand Dollars
    I'm happy to report that our room last week was ok. The balcony was a little dirty, but that could have been something thrown off a balcony above ours after the room was cleaned. (some fruit loops and a cigarette butt) Once again though, the poolside servers were concentrating on the kid's pool side and basically never on the adult pool side. My only other minor complaint was that there was no DVD player in the main bedroom, just a VHS player. On all of our previous stays there was a VHS in the sitting room and a DVD in the bedroom....this time it was the opposite.

mommom
    Sand Dollars

Lousey Hotels in OC

Quote Originally Posted by DeanM View Post
    Nope, it's not lost... YOU got it excately!
    unfortunatley no one cares about poor service or dirty rooms..I had a similiar experience at Oceanic last fall. and I wrote to the Chamber of Commerce, and the owners of the Oceanic, and they did NOTHING. THey figure, there will always be other customers.

Sand Dollars

Re: Holiday Inn suites

I was going to start a new thread, but seeing how we've only had 6 new threads since I posted this one last year I figured this would be easier then starting from square one.

We stayed from July 3rd to the 11th this year. Now I have no idea if management read my posts from last year or (and truthfully I don't care how it happened) if it's purely a coincidence, but our stay this year was nothing less then top notch. Every complaint I had from one year ago was a non issue this time around. Everything was great! no complaints at all. (other then the rate! lol)

Sand Dollars

Re: Lousey Hotels in OC

I was going to start a new thread, but seeing how we've only had 6 new threads since I posted this one last year I figured this would be easier then starting from square one.

We stayed from July 3rd to the 11th this year. Now I have no idea if management read my posts from last year or (and truthfully I don't care how it happened) if it's purely a coincidence, but our stay this year was nothing less then top notch. Every complaint I had from one year ago was a non issue this time around. Everything was great! no complaints at all. (other then the rate! lol)

Sand Dollars

Re: Lousey Hotels in OC