+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Ariel.T.
    Sand Dollars

breakfast in a bar? yep!

Not sure if these were mentioned yet, but the road into Assateague Island has a restaurant called Dr. Unk's... It actually looks like a bar (get it? Dr. Unk's = "drunks" without the punctuations)... Anyway, you wouldn't think they serve breakfast inside from just passing by, but they do, and it's good.. There is also a donut shop next door where they make fresh hot donuts right there in front of you. You tell them what kind you want... Nice, to take a box with you if you're heading to Assateague for the day.... We also like the little coffee shop downstairs at the Howard Johnson's on 24th? Street.. I think it is called the Satellite, right off the boardwalk, and they have really nice breakfast there if you can get in... We had gone several years in a row, and it was so nice to see the same waitresses there that we recognized from the previous year.... Happy February!

russ498
    Sand Dollars
    Quote Originally Posted by btarr8 View Post
    How has this not been mentioned yet??? Easily the best breakfast in OC.

It's been a while, but they had the worst breakfast I've ever had. The home fries were little frozen potato cubes that were deep fried. no onion or flavor at all for that matter. The eggs and bacon were both over cooked and cold. We complained and got an "I'm sorry" but no new food or discount. Never again.

Sand Dollars
    Mmmmmmm Bagels N Buns but I'll pass on the scrapple

OC4Life
    Sand Dollars
    I may be all alone in my opinion, but I just love the breakfasts at Bayside Skillet. The servings are huge, the omelettes delicious, the home fries a work of art, the fruit crepes are to die for, and the fresh squeezed OJ is cold and delicious. I know it is a bit pricey there, but to me, the food is worth it - not to mention the waitstaff is super-friendly, my tea is always served hot and the atmosphere is warm and welcoming.
    Just my opinion.

Sand Dollars

I'll 2nd Bayside Skillet because

they know how to make breakfast potatoes and use quality ingredients. I really like the seafood omelette with lump crab meat...I'm still surprised how many of the "finer" restaurants in OC advertise lump crab meat but mix it with backfin or claw meat. Fruit is always fresh and although prices are medium to high, the servings are big enough to share or have leftovers.

Sand Dollars
    Quote Originally Posted by greenwaves View Post
    they know how to make breakfast potatoes and use quality ingredients. I really like the seafood omelette with lump crab meat...I'm still surprised how many of the "finer" restaurants in OC advertise lump crab meat but mix it with backfin or claw meat. Fruit is always fresh and although prices are medium to high, the servings are big enough to share or have leftovers.

Although not a dive,it's by far not the best breakfest or deal in Ocean City.

deldog
    Sand Dollars
    gotta vote for the satellite....awesome.....

Sand Dollars
    You got it Deldog !!

Sand Dollars
    Quote Originally Posted by greenwaves View Post
    I'm still surprised how many of the "finer" restaurants in OC advertise lump crab meat but mix it with backfin or claw meat.
    I always thought "lump crab meat" = "backfin". Where else does the lump crab meat come from? The backfin is the best "lump" of crab meat in a blue crab.

deldog
    Sand Dollars
    What I love about the Satellite, besides the quality, is the wide selection to choose from, plus it seems to be the best kept secret in town....never seems to be a massive crowd....