+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Sand Dollars

Best Breakfast Places?

Where are your favorite breakfast places?

We've tried lots of places, but seem to like the Satellite on Ocean Highway and 46th Street best.

Jimmy's Kitchen in Fenwick has also been very good.

The Bayside Skillet is good if you are looking for a bigger meal, especially if you want crepes, omelets, or fresh juices.

What places do you recommend going to or avoiding?

Sand Dollars

Breakfast

We've always enjoyed breakfast at the Atlantic Stand (Indoor Dining Room). They serve scrapple too. It's not real cheap but it's alot cheaper than breakfast at the Dough Roller.

Sand Dollars
    HAPPY JACKS! We stop there always! Very reasonable, coloring pages for the kids, great coffee, and they serve Scrapple too. You have so much to choose from since they are only open for breakfast. Everything from creamed chip beef on toast, to waffles, to omelets, to bacon and eggs, or just toast and coffee. But the food is priced right, served quick and hot (or cold, depending on what you get), and very tasty.

On a side note: we ate at the Atlantic Stand on the boards last May and will never go back. We sat inside to eat and the bathroom toilet overflowed into the restaraunt and the water was under our feet. EW!! And they made us pay full price for our meal! And the food was lousy. Burned burger, mushy fries, and watered down soda. Never again.

Sand Dollars
    Crabcake Factory is consistent, good and not overpriced. Creamed Chipped Beef Skillet is always good, chipped beef over home fries.

Kathy's Olympia downtown...Greek Omelette and old-fashioned pan home fries.

Dr. Unk's also consistently good.

Coach's Diner and Bayside Skillet okay, but Bayside overpriced IMO.

Avoid the new North End TC Diner. No flavor or seasoning on anything I got, just a bland mess of Chipped Beef. All I saw working were younger 20-somethings and it just wasn't good.

Bagels and Buns is usually good, and their homemade cream cheeses are awesome. Bacon Horseradish is awesome.

I've never been to a breakfast joint in OC that didn't have scrapple. I wouldn't go if I knew they didn't.

Kwhit
    Happy Jacks,umm-ummm-umm,I must agree!

Sand Dollars
    The Kitchen - which is I believe on Philadelphia and Dorchester. Kind of a dive, but very good and inexpensive breakfast.

RavenfanOC
    Sand Dollars
    Quote Originally Posted by Z06RL View Post
    Burned burger, mushy fries, and watered down soda. Never again.
    I live in Ocean City and go to Atlantic Stand countless times a year. I've never had a burned burger or a watered down soda. I get my fries at Thrasher's, but that's beside the point. Give it a second chance. That's extremely out of the ordinary.

Sand Dollars
    Quote Originally Posted by RavenfanOC View Post
    I live in Ocean City and go to Atlantic Stand countless times a year. I've never had a burned burger or a watered down soda. I get my fries at Thrasher's, but that's beside the point. Give it a second chance. That's extremely out of the ordinary.
    I agree. I've never had a problem with Atlantic / Alaska Stand's food.

Sand Dollars
    Marina Deck used to have very good breakfast, but they always seemed to have light crowds in the morning so they stopped serving it this past year.

Sand Dollars
    The Victorian Room inside the Dunes Manor Hotel is the favorite breakfast spot for my wife & I, we typically have had breakfast there 2-3 times/year for the past few years. Very good eggs benedict (my favorite)!