+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    mommom
    Sand Dollars

Shocked ,Disappointed, Confused & dumbfounded

I am still confused. Four couples went to OC this weekend for a relaxing time. I booked 3 rooms on the internet at the Oceanic Motel on the inlet. (we have our own place) I booked 3 individual rooms via the internet 30 days ago,. I used 2 credit cards to put down on the deposits. I got 3 separate confirmations via the internet. A day or 2 later, i get an email from the Oceanic telling me they only have 2 rooms...I immediatly call, and they see a cancellation. so YES i have 3 rooms. I dont hear anything else from them. Well,,the 3 couples get to the Oceanic Motel on Thursday evening at 66;00 to check in,,,only to be told, they have no rooms. "Joyce" the manager/owner, tells them that on Sunday September "Someone" called and cancelled the rooms. So there stand the couples who drove 4 hours to find they have no room. They insisted that no one called and cancelled, and Joyce says someone did..(no name given of course) PLUS, she only had 2 rooms reserved anyway. Well, they call me,(we were going down Thursday about 9;00 pm) and i call Joyce,,who has no memory of ever talking to me..at all... How does this happen??? I tell her they have confirmation papers..she says. she has no rooms... I had gotten the 3 rooms on the Ocean City website under Hotel Reservations as a "Hot Deal",, I think what happened, is Joyce gave the rooms away before the couples got there,,,possibly at a "higher rate" . So Joyce made a call and got 3 rooms at the Seabony on 28th street...which is NOT where these people wanted to stay...they wanted to be at the Inlet,,If they wanted to stay up 28th st. they would have gotten a hotel up there.. I feel as if they were treated badly, and it is "poor customer service " on the part of Oceanic. I do plan to go onto the website and give them a poor review, and send a letter to the Town of OC, and the Chamber of Commerce. I guess they dont really care how the customer feels, I am sure they know they will always have other customers...But it certainly left a sour taste in all of our mouths...and we will never stay there or refer it... Sorry it is so lenghty,,,I just had to vent, and see if this is "normal or typical" for OC??

JustBeachy`
    Sand Dollars
    Sadly enough, many (not all) places in OC couldn't care less whether you are happy with the service you've received or not. There is always someone else right behind you waiting to pay who will put up with the lousy hotel staff service or bad meal. I think enough people are starting to read Trip Advisor before they travel, so I would write up your review and post it there, hopefully others will think twice before booking at the Oceanic.

mommom
    Sand Dollars

Lousy customer service

You are so correct,,, and vacation resorts are the WORST about it. I love OC.. we have a place down there..but my friends that this happened to,,,like Atlantic City or Wildwood better.. I will have a very hard time convincing them to come back to OC. In my opinion, there is NO excuse for bad customer service... I did put a review in yahoo. and i think the trip advisor,,,not sure which one...but i am putting reviews in everyplace i can find...I am normally the most laid back person around,,,but this just really got to me... they had confirmations in hand!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JustBeachy` View Post
    Sadly enough, many (not all) places in OC couldn't care less whether you are happy with the service you've received or not. There is always someone else right behind you waiting to pay who will put up with the lousy hotel staff service or bad meal. I think enough people are starting to read Trip Advisor before they travel, so I would write up your review and post it there, hopefully others will think twice before booking at the Oceanic.

Sand Dollars
    Not all O.C. hotels operate this way. There's no business like repeat busines and most hotel managers strive to gain returns. Many of the professionals would not "walk" someone just to get a few bucks more from someone else. I would suggest explaining to the manager that you at least expect a discount or "comp" room in the future. They may not, but at least you gave them yet another chance.

There are websites that are becoming more prominent when searching for hotels. There is alot to be said for the rating system which relies on customer testimonials.

Try another hotel and ask them what their "walk" policy is.

Sand Dollars
    Quote Originally Posted by dc2oc View Post

Try another hotel and ask them what their "walk" policy is.
    For those of us not in the know, what exactly is a 'walk' policy?

mommom
    Sand Dollars

Shocked

I wasnt saying all operated this way. But i find it apalling that ANY of them do.. I understand about repeat customers. These people could have become repeat customers...Now they dont want to go to OC at all,,,THey prefer Atlantic City or Wildwood. I just think it was horrible. No one seems to really give a crap about customer service at all.

UOTE=dc2oc;24278]Not all O.C. hotels operate this way. There's no business like repeat busines and most hotel managers strive to gain returns. Many of the professionals would not "walk" someone just to get a few bucks more from someone else. I would suggest explaining to the manager that you at least expect a discount or "comp" room in the future. They may not, but at least you gave them yet another chance.

There are websites that are becoming more prominent when searching for hotels. There is alot to be said for the rating system which relies on customer testimonials.

Try another hotel and ask them what their "walk" policy is. [/QUOTE]

Sand Dollars
    Quote Originally Posted by mommom View Post
    I wasnt saying all operated this way. But i find it apalling that ANY of them do.. I understand about repeat customers. These people could have become repeat customers...Now they dont want to go to OC at all,,,THey prefer Atlantic City or Wildwood. I just think it was horrible. No one seems to really give a crap about customer service at all.
    Honestly, if you were trying to expose them to a great Ocean City experience, then why did you put your friends up at the Oceanic??? It's rated 50 of 88 hotels on Trip Advisor. I know the price is right, but as in most cases you get what you pay for.

mommom
    Sand Dollars

Great OC experience

One of the couples have stayed there years ago...they seemed to like it well enough. I had heard and read bad reviews, but THEY decided to stay there. based on location, and as far as getting what you pay for,,, seems like all of OC is that way... They ended up at the Seabony...which is as old and run down looking. I thank God we have our own place, !!! OC is so over priced it isnt even funny.. We used to spend enough money on things down there that we could have taken a cruise for the same amount. BUT , I do love the beach and 3 1/2 hour drive and our own, CLEAN place makes us go back,!!!
    We take most of our own food too. so we dont have to go to the overpriced restaurants..Dont get me wrong,,,we still go out and eat and enjoy what OC has to offer...But with our own place...we have options of spending what we want.

k66;24285]Honestly, if you were trying to expose them to a great Ocean City experience, then why did you put your friends up at the Oceanic??? It's rated 50 of 88 hotels on Trip Advisor. I know the price is right, but as in most cases you get what you pay for.[/QUOTE]

Sand Dollars
    Quote Originally Posted by mink66 View Post
    Honestly, if you were trying to expose them to a great Ocean City experience, then why did you put your friends up at the Oceanic??? It's rated 50 of 88 hotels on Trip Advisor. I know the price is right, but as in most cases you get what you pay for.
    I have to agree with you . Even if these people had got the reservation they contracted for it probably would have left a bad taste in their mouths anyway. I've never stayed there, but I know people who did, and they all used words like -old, small, dirty, & rip off to describe this place... The shame of it is, is that they advertise the place so well, that if you didn't know better you would think you were in for a real treat staying there. AND as if the building alone isn't bad enough NOW (after hearing this story) you have to put up with rude, incompitant managment on top of it all.

Sand Dollars
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Hall View Post
    For those of us not in the know, what exactly is a 'walk' policy?

Yeah. Me too.