+ Reply to Thread
    Sand Dollars

OC FROGS (inlet)

Is it just me? Or... has this place turned into a Gold Mine? This has become one of my favorite hangouts in OC! This past year new operators Mark and Barbara (along with two silent partners) have put a tremendous amount of effort into this little seaside hangout. And unlike other years, it is always packed when we go! The food is great, beer is great (the view is always great, of course)... and they have added plasmas, lottery, updated mp3 juke box, and I here tail they may try to squeeze a Shuffle Board table in somewhere (I gotta see this). Anyway, just wondering if anyone else has the same "itch" for OCFROGS as I do.

Sand Dollars
    I just discovered the place this year. Very nice indeed. Possibly, the best burgers in OC.

Now, it's been reported that the Inlet Village could be in danger. Do you know how that would effect OC Frogs?

Sand Dollars
    If Trimper’s board of directors vote and decide to do away with inlet village, OCFROGS would be impacted. A few of the shops in the village (Bear Friends & Co., Toyland) are actually family-owned stores. The children of Granville Trimper actually own them. All the rest (OC Dollar, Treasures by the Sea, OCFROGS) are all external and the operators rent the space. The village was originally built in the 80’s to compete with Shanty Town, but hasn’t taken off like the Trimper’s had hoped and now sits looking tired and not making any money. Lets face it—that property is prime and overlooks the beautiful inlet and Island just across the way! It seems it would be foolish for them to continue to operate a minimal- revenue shopping village when the property could be sold or used for other, more legitimate purposes. Let’s hope relief will come and we will not have to loose any of our favorite places!

Sand Dollars
    I do like the quiet shops of the Inlet Village. Sadly, I'm apparently one of the few. That's why the village is virtual deserted even on the busiest of summer nights.

I just hope the Maryland government (possibly the greediest state government in the country) steps in and helps out some of these businesses before the charm of Ocean City gets completely wiped out. It's already dangerously close to being lost forever.

Sand Dollars
    First of all, sorry to those who get their knickers all twisted when you venture off topic. But I must vehemently disagree with your statement about the Maryland government. No way! Pennsylvania's government holds that honor, no room for discussion The greediest, in the nation. Way to go PA!! We win one.

Sand Dollars
    I am going on record.
    IF they tear down the inlet shops, and Trimpers disappears, then my hubby and I will NEVER come back to OC. I've never seen such a money run place. Greed is a sin in case some have forgotten.

MimisBeachHouse MimisBeachHouse's Avatar
    Sand Dollars

Re: OC FROGS (inlet)

OC Frogs is by far my favorite spot to unwind in Ocean City. I'd hate to see it close down. Mark & Barbara have done a great job with it. The perogie Pizza is awesome!

millermax10
    Sand Dollars

Re: OC FROGS (inlet)

That would be pretty cool if they could squeeze a shuffleboard table. And why not? I see such a table as a worthy addition to any establishment!