+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    5 o'clock somewhere
    Sand Dollars

Oct crusin' in OC

Has anyone ever been to the fall cursin' show? We went in May and had a great time and we thinking about going again in the fall. Just wondering if anyone has ever been and what it was like. How is the weather in Oct, Are there restaurants still open, what on the board walk is open, any rides open? Any info would be great.. thanks

Sand Dollars
    It's good. Much smaller scale. No concert. All the restaraunts are open on the weekend. And oh yes, it ALWAYS rains!! But there's also an air show at the airport and something going on at the convention center so it should be fairly crowded. Just bring an umbrella.

Sand Dollars
    Yep, The fall show is great, smaller, and much more laid back. Not as crowded or busy.

I'm Torn this year, Fall Carlisle is the same weekend and I have vendor spaces,,,, ,ARRRGH!

Oktoberfest is at the convention center

Sand Dollars
    As stated, it always rains and it seems to be chilly all the time. It's much smaller in terms of 'sanctioned' shows. There seems to be alot more crap (rice cars aka the fast and furious type) cars there and these jacked up diesel trucks that show up and blow their exhaust into the neighboring cars on purpose. This show used to be my favorite because I was able to bring my favorite car down and participate in the shows and boardwalk parade. This car is not old enough for the show in May so I take a different older car to that one. One of these years, I'll take both cars down in October.

mommom
    Sand Dollars

Crusin in OCT

we went by accident last year,,,Our condo has the "cleanup" that weekend, so we went , which was great. we got to watch the cars cruise Coastal Highway, while cleaning up the property of the condo! Most everything is open.. It is a great time.......

Ariel.T.
    Sand Dollars

rain rain rain?

Oh goodness! When I inquired about the Oct. car show a few months ago on this forum, most of the posts said it was a great time and that the weather usually cooperates that time of year. Now, it seems the concensus is that it RAINS on that weekend. We are big fans of OC, and I have suggested that my neighbors (who are car show groopies) take a ride to the Oct. show in OC. They did not make the one in Wildwood this year, and r looking forward to the one in Oct... I hope I haven't steered them wrong!!

Sand Dollars
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariel.T. View Post
    Oh goodness! When I inquired about the Oct. car show a few months ago on this forum, most of the posts said it was a great time and that the weather usually cooperates that time of year. Now, it seems the concensus is that it RAINS on that weekend. We are big fans of OC, and I have suggested that my neighbors (who are car show groopies) take a ride to the Oct. show in OC. They did not make the one in Wildwood this year, and r looking forward to the one in Oct... I hope I haven't steered them wrong!!

It's held in early OCTOBER. there have been nice shows, and there's been days that get washed out. Not that different from the spring show.

Sand Dollars
    Quote Originally Posted by bchevy View Post
    It's held in early OCTOBER. there have been nice shows, and there's been days that get washed out. Not that different from the spring show.
    The worst downpours I've experienced have been in the spring show. Fortunately, it usually rains less days during the spring show. I never had to cancel my plans to go at the last minute because of rain for the spring show as I've had for the October show. I've canceled my trip for October 05 and 06 because of rain. I'll most likely miss it this year but that will be because of financial situations that are caused by buying a house and then finding out lots of things that weren't disclosed or covered up needs fixed.

Sand Dollars
    READY or NOT, HERE WE COME!

Sand Dollars
    Well, It turned out financially we could swing a few days down there but something else came up. My wife and I were going to go down for a couple of days so she could take her Monte Carlo on the boardwalk but that won't happen now. Her parked Monte Carlo was hit by a RV piloted by a 73 year old man 2 weeks ago. I have to buy 2 new tires for her car now because his insurance refuses to replace them even though they were cut by the impact. There goes $300 down the drain. The car also won't be out of the body shop until October 9th. The other 2 cars I normally take aren't close to ready because I wasn't planning on taking them. To anyone going, have fun!