+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Jersey Judy
    Sand Dollars
    After reading all the reviews on Trip Advisor I thought I couldn't go wrong with booking the Park Place Hotel....boy, was I WRONG!!!

Day 1: We arrived at the hotel earlier than the advertised check-in time. I wasn't expecting our room to be ready, but I was asked to give my cell phone number and that as soon as the room was ready we would be called. That never happened.

We we went up to our room and just outside the elevator there was a sock in the tree in the hall.

Day 2: When we went out onto the balcony in the morning, there was a CONDOM ON OUR BALCONY. GROSS! I went down to the front desk to inform them, and quietly asked for it to be removed. House keeping was sent to our room in a timely manner, but they cleaned our room and NEVER REMOVED THE CONDOM!!! We had to eventually do it ourselves.

Later that day we we went out on the balcony, we noticed there were FOUR MORE CONDOMS right in our view on top of the parked cars. I called down to the front desk and asked to have them removed. By this time I was getting tired of trying to explain what these were to my kids. 20 - 30 minutes later, they were still there so I went down to the front desk and once again asked to have them removed. My request was greeted with irritation! It's not like I was asking for extra towels, I was asking to have condoms removed. I would have thought the situation would have been given immediate attention.

Later that evening my youngest son and I decided to sit out on the balcony. What a view we had. A gang of kids SMOKING POT and URINATING in the parking lot of the hotel. Who would have thought that it could get worse after the condom incident!!!

Spit on the floor of the elevator.

Sock still in tree in hall.

Day 3: Another day....ANOTHER CONDOM on our balcony. House keeping did come to our room immediately, but along with the condom, they also removed an item belonging to my son!

Ice cream splattered all over the floor of the elevator.

Sock still in tree in hall.

While I understand that the hotel cannot be responsible for the actions of their visitors, I do firmly believe it is their responsibility to respond to what has happened, and to comfort of their customers.

When I talked with the owner of the hotel on day three of our stay, her only response was "sorry" or "it's not our responsibility". Never once did she even ask what had been removed from our balcony that belonged to my son. I had put down in writing all the things that we had experienced during our stay. I had hoped that after she ended our discussion that she might sit down and read what I had written...I thought she might realize that she never addressed that one of her house keeping staff had taken something belonging to us. That never happened. I truly feel that she didn't care at all....she had us stuck in her hotel knowing that there were no rooms available at other hotels because of the busy week it was.

The most disheartening thing was the sadness of my youngest son. He kept asking if would could go through the trash to find what house keeping had taken. He also kept asking if could call the police. Then he just asked if we would go home. I seconded his thoughts!

Sand Dollars
    Judy,
    You should copy and paste what you wrote above into Trip adviser.

mommom
    Sand Dollars

Worst Hotel

SURFSIDE 8,,, dumpy... and the guy was nasty too.

mommom
    Sand Dollars

Park Place Problems

We had friends who stay there that love it..never had any problems. But i do believe you and feel bad that the management did nothing,, I find that "Customer Service and Satisfaction" mean NOTHING, they unfortunetly know that there are others coming in when you leave..and could honestly care less how your stay, service was. Sad, Sad, Sad, for what you pay.. you should get more...Restaurants are the same way..I am not a complainer, but on occasion will voice an opinion...and they could give a hoot about it..

Sand Dollars
    Oh, I just remembered that we stayed at the Baysails Inn once. ONCE! OMG that place was horrible!! The ONLY upside to staying there was that we were direct bayfront and the view was wonderful. All the shorebirds and sunsets. But the room AND the hotel were awful. I'm surprised I didn't bring some kind of bugs home with me.

Jersey Judy
    Sand Dollars
    Actually I copied and pasted what I wrote on Trip Advisor to this page. With just a few minor adjustments.

One additional note: My son likes to draw pictures on the mirror when it gets all fogged up after a shower. After I took my shower, there was a huge sad face on the mirror. Talk about touching my heart.

ravenman
    Sand Dollars
    About 15 years ago my friends and I stayed at the Miami Court. What a DUMP!!!!! It was very dirty, smelly, and had bugs in the shower. The best part was the towels with names from other area motels. (possibly all owned by same business). Anyway it was a last minute trip on a holiday weekend so we just needed a cheap place to sleep. Thank God they eventually tore it down.

Dean mentioned the Alamo Court on Rt. 50. I never stayed there and always got a good laugh when passing by it. I could picture a mariachi band playing La Cucharacha. It looks like the kind of place that even the Orkin Man fears going into.

One other place worth mentioning, even though I never stayed there is the Georgia Belle (now the Serene). My sister got a room there a few years back on a busy weekend with few vacancies in town. Upon entering the room she noticed the pile of "toe nail clippings" sitting on top of the dresser. She refused to stay there after seeing that and did get her money back after informing the front desk. No sooner did they hand her back the money, the front desk person shouted to waiting customers "we have a room available!".

Sand Dollars
    I have a special place in my heart for the Miami Court.True is was a cess pool but the owners left you alone and you could back your car equippped with a quarter keg right up to your front door.What else would a 19 year old wish for ?

Sand Dollars
    In 95, my friends and I stayed at the Budget Beach motel. When we first got in there, we found two USED condoms and a half eaten bag of doritoes under the bed. When we called the front desk to inform them of this, they sent a housekeeper to our room who promptly gave us a rubber glove and informed us that she wouldn't touch it.

We were to have a small fridge in our room to and did not have one. When we informed the front desk of this, they told us they had no fridges to put in the room, but said they would accomodate us. Their answer to this problem: They brought us a 15 gallon plastic trash can and told us we could use to ice maker to fill it with ice!!!!!!

Classy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sc002
    Sand Dollars
    Didn't actually stay there but one time I remember walking past the Surfrider and the outdoor pool was a disgusting green color. I don't think that place still exists, thank goodness! I also remember one time, I think it was in 1989, we were trying to find a place to stay and went to the Quality Inn Oceanfront on 54th Street. The place was so dirty that we quickly left after a few minutes and we ended up staying at the Holiday Inn on 67th Street. I still think that the worst hotel there is, which has been listed among the top 10 dirtiest hotels in America two years in a row, is the Inn of Lancaster (former Days Inn) at 30 Keller Avenue in Lancaster, PA. I heard a rumor that it's closing in May and I am sure that the Manheim Township police will be glad when and if the hotel closes!