+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Beach Barb
    Sand Dollars

Thunderbird Beach Motel

Haven't been able to find any reviews anywhere. Anybody ever stayed here???????

olive
    Sand Dollars
    Least favorite motel was the Best Western Flagship. Other places we have stayed in the past were Satellite (now Howard Johnsons), Nassau (no longer there), Holiday Inn, Stardust (demolished for the Hilton), Surf and Sands (now the Days Inn), Ouality Inn and the Sahara.

Sand Dollars

Plim Plaza

Forget the facelift - we stayed after the exterior refurbishing and every time the people in the room above us flushed their toilet, we got a gentle cascade of water down the wall of our room about five feet wide.

When we complained, management sighed and let us know we were bothering them and that they were tired of that complaint. When we explained that is not what a hotel is supposed to do when a customer has a legitimate complaint, they begrudingly offered to refund the cost of our remaining days and left us to find another hotel on our own.

Sand Dollars
    Quote Originally Posted by Silly Jeff View Post

When we complained, management sighed and let us know we were bothering them and that they were tired of that complaint. When we explained that is not what a hotel is supposed to do when a customer has a legitimate complaint, they begrudingly offered to refund the cost of our remaining days and left us to find another hotel on our own.
    In your shoes, I would've contacted the BBB and O.C.'s chamber of commerce.

Sand Dollars
    I'm shocked that nobody has mentioned the Alamo out on rt 50.

That place just plain old looks scary!

Sand Dollars
    You mean the place with the one-armed manager and those wild Russian girls at happy hour !
    Not for the faint of heart and NEVER spend the night there.

Sand Dollars
    Quote Originally Posted by BALTOBOB View Post
    You mean the place with the one-armed manager and those wild Russian girls at happy hour !
    Not for the faint of heart and NEVER spend the night there.
    HAHAHA!!!!!!!!!! I have no idea about any of that stuff, but I don't doubt it for a minute!

Sand Dollars

Sun and Beach

The first year we went to OC we wanted to extend our stay by one day. However most hotels in town had a 3 day min. stay except a few. The wonderful Sun and Beach that was once located next to the 45th street plaza. This was back when Scandels was still open and a popular spot to go for a fish bowl. It was condemed and tore down the following year. There was a 2 inch gap between the door and the ground, which was on the sidewalk and let tons of bugs in. The bed was so old when you layed down on it you fell to the middle. The shower stall was not attached to the wall and my husband cut his finger and needed stitches while taking a shower. It smelled like mold and was so dirty I don't think that they cleaned anything since they opened.

deedee3370
    Sand Dollars

The Princess Royale

The Princess Royal Oceanfront was by far the worst hotel I've ever stayed at. I requested an oceanfront room, they put me on the first floor. I had to take one elevator up one floor, then walk this long corridor, then take a different elevator back down to the first floor. I felt like I needed to leave a popcorn trail it was so far. Never again would I stay there. I miss the Nassau Hotel!!!

ANNIE1958
    Sand Dollars
    This makes me remember alot of where we used to stay, most of the time we were lucky enought o have a freind who lived in Salisbury but it was such a pain having to drive back and forth. It was very nice staying there don't take me wrong but much nicer being where in the city all the time.
    We started staying at the santa Maria which was dated but nice back then. then we tried Nock apartments., not so good. It seemed very used by alot of teen groupys. Dunes Manor was the best, Ocean Mecca was good too., Atlantic motel about 10 years ago aloud up 1 night stay..phew., and then there was the Paradise Motel I think on 7th street...We liked it there too.
    Lots of places to stay just want to pick the right one...Happy Summer.