+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    JustBeachy`
    Sand Dollars
    Quote Originally Posted by Z06RL View Post
    Well, let's liven it up!

Hermionie dies!

LOL.
    Are you sure??? I heard it just fades to black and lets you decide for yourself!! LOL!!!

Sand Dollars
    Well, let me first say it was not my intent to start a war inside of this forum, but I stand by my opinion of the situation. I don't need to go back and count postings from last july and compare to this july. In truth my statement was never based on black & white numbers. I was only stating it as I see it the content of the posts a year ago were stimulating & edgey, now they are boring and dull.... (and I'm NOT the only one that see's this)

yes it is true there are a lot of new members but how many of them will be here posting in Dec. & Jan ????????? The back bone of this forum is nothing like it was a year ago.

Sorry, but that's the way "I" see it.....

Sand Dollars
    There have never been a lot of long-term posters on this forum (at least since I've been here)- It is, afterall, still mostly a seasonal resort where there is more activity in the summer, and less in the winter-

but I find it interesting how people are lamenting the lack of "drama" by other posters- If you want drama, then go out and create some (but hopefully without offending anyone else in the process).

Start some discussions on things (other than the usual "what is your favorite hotel or restaurant")- Be part of the solution...

Sand Dollars
    Quote Originally Posted by CBayWolf View Post
    Bob: I will take your snide remark to imply that you are referring to me- but if you've read this forum for the last 4 years, you'd know that I've never been shy about expressing MY opinions freely and PUBLICLY- the only difference is that I would never reply with 6th-grade name calling whenever a person didn't agree with me (except after repeatedly being verbally attacked via his ad hominem, pointless tirades).
    This post is a bit revealing I'd say. I didn't mention you at all, but as my Grandmother would always say, "if the shoe fits". I haven't read this forum or posted on this forum for the last 4 years because I didn't join until Jan 2005. That's 2 years 6 months. You haven't posted for 4 years either. You've only been a member for 2 years 10 months.

I couldn't be happier that this place has turned into a civil forum where questions can be asked and answered without a bunch of middle-school replies and antics- and that we can now look at the first page of this forum which has 20 different headlines without 15 of them being about the exact same incident.
    Why does the number of headlines keep on changing whenever you mention that subject? Your first post said it was 20, your 2nd post says it was 15. Continuity seems to be lacking here.

If this poster would like to post, he can post away- just leave the personal attacks at home- and follow a few basic rules that everyone else can seem to follow-

If you think the forum should be livelier, then why don't you post some provocative questions of your own? I can only assume that you're one of those people that only goes to a hockey game in hopes that a fight will break out.
    Thanks for taking shots at my character there. Perhaps you should follow your own advice that I highlighted for you in a larger font. Anyways, have a nice day.

Sand Dollars
    This post is a bit revealing I'd say. I didn't mention you at all, but as my Grandmother would always say, "if the shoe fits".
    As I've pointed out- the shoe DOESN'T fit- everything that I needed to say was out in the open for everyone to see- I *do* take offense to your incorrect statement that pleas were made to an admin of this site to have someone's inane repetitive postings removed (which, in fact, they weren't)- If he has chosen to post less that's his perogative.

Why does the number of headlines keep on changing whenever you mention that subject? Your first post said it was 20, your 2nd post says it was 15. Continuity seems to be lacking here.
    First- these numbers are generalizations- I don't have the time to look up all of a person's posts (but I'm sure you will find the numbers CLOSE.

The first post actually mentions "25 mind-numbing threads" (on the DUI topic)- this is just a generalization- but this would represent the TOTAL number of threads on the entire forum, not just the front page which would be seen by every new poster.

My next point was to illustrate that at one time he had about 15 of the first 20 threads (of the FRONT page) written about the exact same subject (not the total number of threads, of which I estimated at 25).

If you truly think that this site is less exciting due to to the lack of personal attacks and general rants by this poster- then I stand by my comment- you must be waiting for the attacks to break out to keep things exciting for you. And still wonder why you don't attempt to liven it up yourself. I really do not intend to go back and document this dark era- but feel free, the point is valid- I haven't read any of his posts since- and I plan to keep it that way.

I stand corrected on the amount of time I've posted on this forum- It's obviously a matter of public record, and once again, i was just generalizing- and didn't go and look up the amount of months that I've been a member. The amount of time really had no relevance to the subject, regardless. That there are more threads this year compared to last is NOT a generalization- but a fact.

Hopefully this thread has added some excitement for you.

NY-MD
    Sand Dollars
    Now Dean I hope you are happy with yourself starting up some trouble here on the new Ocean City .com forum.

We folks like it just the way it is now.

What spf lotion should we use?
    Where's the best pizza?
    What part of the beach can you find the best sand?
    Does the Boardwalk run north and south all year round?

Makes for some stimulating exchanges.

I too had noticed in the peak travel season there is not much interesting posted here. I used to look forward to reading the posts each day but as you suggested you can visit once a month now and catch up in a few minutes with all the local news items and information.

I would agree it is rather dull and boring.

Some people like it like that. Just discuss the feel good news.

That loud mouth used to post news items that gave OC a bad rap.

Remember he was out to destroy OC.

People getting killed, hit on the Coastal Highway, taken out to sea by the undertow and many felt there was no need to ruin their day with these sad stories just lets post happy stuff nothing that might bring them down.

He even suggested overdevelopement might hurt the area. Boy was he nuts!

Look how things are turning out. Soon that soggy old Trimpers will be closing their doors and you will have a few more condos to visit and use as family memories. Now that's positive progress!

Guess these folks never learned to pick and choose what to read and hence they complain about the poster and the items he posted.

I have in on good authority the site adminsitrator did recieve complaints. But one person has already explained it was not them. Of course not..............

If you are not guilty then you don't have to explain why or how.

Guess as in the past when you have an opinion some don't agree with they must attempt to prove you wrong with generalities and facts that suit their argument.

Funny how people can preach about what you are supposed to do and they themselves don't follow their own rules.

Some things never change.

I for one am glad this site has changed into a dull and boring haven. Sort of like a retirement village for the elderly. Slow, dull and happy.

Dean I hope you and most of the others enjoy the rest of your Summer.

Bob,Zo6RL, and Momom hope you all enjoy what remains of the Summer months.

Mommom when you have a chance I for one would love to hear about your feelings NOW on the purcahse of your OC condo. But you might run the risk of causing an upheavel with those who want to hear just the GOOD news.

I'm off to read the new postings for today.

I hear we have a posting about what hotel has the most absorbant towels.
    Should be a real kick a$$ exchange under that post!

Just glad you know who is no longer causing all that trouble.

I like dull, boring, and happy especially when it comes to my vacation plans.

Got to go just got an e-mail from the site administrator.....................

Sand Dollars
    So happy to see your post, many of us have missed you! As I mentioned at one point, I appreciated you posting the news items as I didn't have time to read them online myself, it was helpful. Sign me as not a regular poster, but still a faithful reader.

Sand Dollars
    Looks like NY-MD and I are the most senior posters here on this thread. Cool. But I have to agree that I like this forum better without all the drama. This site is the best place to come and find info on all topics OC. That's it's purpose. I'm glad it's here just for that. I never read the cat fights and school boy playground, "who's got the biggest" stuff.
    I have better things to do...............like get a tan and wish I was at the beach.

ocman
    Sand Dollars
    If NY-MD has been told to back off it may be worth visiting every once in a while now. I used to be a big fan of NY-MD, put lots of relevant information concerning hotels and restaurants, but then all the posts seemed to be anything bad or negative. There were weeks on end where all the news articles from the papers with the exception of anything neutral or positive were being posted, anyone who relied solely on those posts missed a lot of news. You take the good with the bad. NY-MD just took the bad. BTW, I think people who come to this forum would be interested in knowing whose towels were most absorbent.

Sand Dollars
    Quote Originally Posted by NY-MD View Post
    Now Dean I hope you are happy with yourself starting up some trouble here on the new Ocean City .com forum.
    Hehehe, Yea, it's funny you mentioned that - I was thinking yesterday I really must have hit a nerve with a lot of people on here.

To answer your retorical question : I am rather happy with myself. I spoke my mind and told the truth as I see it, I'm sure it's not what most people want to hear, and probably not to many people will agree with what I wrote, but to be honest if I cared I wouldn't have wrote it in the first place.

As I stated earlier it was not my intentions to start a war here, but whenever someone (like mommom) starts a thread to ask what is wrong here - sorry but I'm going to tell ya what I think!

Also, in closing let me say I am not trying to be your cheerleader or your number one fan, but I've always respected your posts and your opinions, (even at times when I didn't agree with them) you often posted a lot of good information in the past, and I would much rather read some real news on here from you, instead of people (in their quest to be the forum's answer to George Carlin) stressing their desire to pee in the ocean this year when they visit OC. or roasting marshmellows on the boardwalk. AND it's not just you, it seems that this forum on a whole has been walking on eggshells since the situation that occured with you and the administration a few months back.