+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    mommom
    Sand Dollars

Forum not as busy.

Seems like the OC Forum is not as busy as it was last year. I remember reading lots of new entrys last year...Have people lost interest in it.

crowtoo
    Sand Dollars
    Quote Originally Posted by mommom View Post
    Seems like the OC Forum is not as busy as it was last year. I remember reading lots of new entrys last year...Have people lost interest in it.
    I hope they haven't. Allthough I wasn't able to go to OC this year myself I really enjoy hearing about others trips as well as new places to eat, nice condos/hotels to stay in, palces to have fun, etc.

Perhaps next year our summer schedule will not be as busy and we can get 'downy ocean and have our own tales to tell. :

Chris
    crowtoo@earthlink.net

Sand Dollars
    Quote Originally Posted by mommom View Post
    Well, I have a theory on it...

There was a certain member about a year ago that was a lot more involved with the day to day activity of this forum (those of you who have been around here know who I am refering too) no matter if you agreed with him or not one thing you can say is he kept everbody on their toes & his point of views made it interesting. I believe the Adminstration of this forum had/has every right to limit the number of posts on any particular subject, and I believe someone needed to address the situation, BUT what I do NOT agree with was the manner in which it happened, this could have been settled in a private msg to the poster in question, not callled out on the carpet and threaten in front of the forum. So now what you have is one happy family forum where most of the time you could go a week and catch up on everything new in about 10 minutes.

in other words - now it's BORING!!!!!

Sand Dollars
    This is just plain not true- If you look back to last year, there were about 27 new posts in this forum in the entire month of July- This year there are about 24 new posts in the month of July (and we still have more than 1/3 of the month to go)- and at this rate there will be about 39 or 40 posts this month; so actually there are more posts than there used to be.

I didn't mind any poster disagreeing with anything (nor did anyone else- but 25 mind-numbing threads on the same exact subject was more than anyone needed to see).

I was actually thinking that it seemed like there were a lot of newer posters this summer....

This forum has never really had a lot of posts/posters.

ziptrip125
    Sand Dollars
    I agree with DeanM. The forum has changed. BORING!
    This year will be my second on the Outer Banks for my September vacation. I love the peace and quiet of that area. I still love OC and always look forward to forum members opinions when I'll be able able to vacation at both places.

Sand Dollars
    And we can figure out who complained via PM's to 'management' about it. Anyway, I agree, this site is a shell of it's former self.

JustBeachy`
    Sand Dollars
    This year will be my second on the Outer Banks for my September vacation. I love the peace and quiet of that area. I still love OC and always look forward to forum members opinions when I'll be able able to vacation at both places.[/QUOTE]

We also vacationed at the Outer Banks this summer. We started out in Ocean City July 3-7 and stayed with family in Ocean Pines. We had a blast, as usual. We hit some favorite spots and did the usual things. Then we headed down to the Outer Banks and just plain relaxed. It was great. We will be back in OC for Sunfest and look forward to it. I believe the forum may be a little "slow" right now because a lot of the people are in Ocean City vacationing, I'm sure it will pick up in a few weeks with everyone adding their two cents about the hotel, condo or restaurants that they experienced.

mommom
    Sand Dollars

Lost Interest

Yes, i rememeer someone being very opinionated...but that is normal for a forum, i just joined a year or so ago..and it seemed alot busier.. anyway, just doesnt seem the same as before...i like the reminicing part. !!!

Quote Originally Posted by DeanM View Post
    Well, I have a theory on it...

There was a certain member about a year ago that was a lot more involved with the day to day activity of this forum (those of you who have been around here know who I am refering too) no matter if you agreed with him or not one thing you can say is he kept everbody on their toes & his point of views made it interesting. I believe the Adminstration of this forum had/has every right to limit the number of posts on any particular subject, and I believe someone needed to address the situation, BUT what I do NOT agree with was the manner in which it happened, this could have been settled in a private msg to the poster in question, not callled out on the carpet and threaten in front of the forum. So now what you have is one happy family forum where most of the time you could go a week and catch up on everything new in about 10 minutes.

in other words - now it's BORING!!!!!

Sand Dollars
    Well, let's liven it up!

Hermionie dies!

LOL.

Sand Dollars
    And we can figure out who complained via PM's to 'management' about it. Anyway, I agree, this site is a shell of it's former self.
    Bob: I will take your snide remark to imply that you are referring to me- but if you've read this forum for the last 4 years, you'd know that I've never been shy about expressing MY opinions freely and PUBLICLY- the only difference is that I would never reply with 6th-grade name calling whenever a person didn't agree with me (except after repeatedly being verbally attacked via his ad hominem, pointless tirades).

I can guarantee you there was never one PM message sent to any admin about these activities (at least on my part)- and if you really followed the board, you know how all of it transpired (out in the open with many opinions voiced)- there was no need on my part to address anything behind closed doors when it was all out in the open.

I couldn't be happier that this place has turned into a civil forum where questions can be asked and answered without a bunch of middle-school replies and antics- and that we can now look at the first page of this forum which has 20 different headlines without 15 of them being about the exact same incident.

And if by MORE posts, and less ranting and raving- you think that this site is a "shell of it's former self", then so be it- I'll take it any day.

As per your assumptions, they are just a fallacy.

If this poster would like to post, he can post away- just leave the personal attacks at home- and follow a few basic rules that everyone else can seem to follow-

If you think the forum should be livelier, then why don't you post some provocative questions of your own? I can only assume that you're one of those people that only goes to a hockey game in hopes that a fight will break out.