+ Reply to Thread
    wannabeinOC
    Sand Dollars

atlantic hotel (on the boards)

does anyone know anything about this place? i was in it a few years ago and i think it had been recently redone, it looked amazing. but we all know a lot of damage can go down in oc hotel rooms during the summers, so it could be a dump by now. has anyone stayed there?

JJ_Walters
    Sand Dollars
    I've stayed at the Atlantic many, many times, especially when I was a kid. Love the place. Great location, great lobby, great deck, great charm. It's also one of Ocean City's oldest hotels, dating back to the late 1800s (rebuilt in the early 1900s after a fire).

Oddly, one of my fondest memories of the place is the old TV they used to have in the back corner of the lobby. A big 'ol Zenith, I believe. On weekend trips with my dad, when I was between 9-12 (or so), after a fun night on the boards, my pops would let me stay up late and "hang out" in the lobby watching TV, while he tip-toed over to the Purple Moose for a while (heh, you didn't think I knew that, did you pops?). Lots of "characters" coming and going through that lobby. People were just really nice to me, that's what I remember most. Fun times.