+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Sand Dollars

Re: Pet Friendly Condo Rentals

Yes there is a pet park on 94th St., but don't forget you have to have a PERMIT to use it. You can get the permit from the city as long as your dog has proof of all his shots and veterinary visits and is licensed. It also can only be used if you are over 18, no children under 10 are allowed in the park at all, and children between 10 and 17 must be with an adult. Also, no toys for the dog (frisbees, balls, etc) are permitted, and no treats for the dogs either. There are a lot of rules! Fees to use the park range from $15 for a week long pass to $100 for an annual pass.

peteanddebbieward
    Sand Dollars

I saw a lot of dogs at the Fountainhead last year. I think they are mostly condo owners.

Sand Dollars

Lots of condo associations allow owners to have pets, but don't allow renters to have pets. That may explain why it is hard to find rental condos that allow pets.

Sand Dollars

OC Guy is absolutely right. Condo owners are permitted to have pets, but not necessarily renters. You need to check with your rental agent. You most likely will also pay an extra fee for your pet.

Sand Dollars

I concur, our condo association allows pets for owners for the full year but guests may only bring pets Labor - Memorial Day (off season).

Sand Dollars

I concur, our condo association allows pets for owners for the full year but guests may only bring pets Labor - Memorial Day (off season).

Sand Dollars
    Could you share the kennel info?

I've stayed at the condo's next to Clarion, which are pet friendly, and they are pretty awesome. The Grand allows dogs and the room has tile floors which is nice, but recently put a size restriction on them, which I don't know how seriously they enforce. Clarions I think also have pet friendly rooms as well, aside from the condos.

How is the dog park on 94th street? I had a friend that lived in that neighborhood for years and his neighbors were really rude and uppity. Everything from vandalizing his bike because they didn't like him chaining it to his porch, reporting him for grilling in a common area, to running out and yelling at him because his dog pee'd on a bush along the sidewalk.

Didn't know the dog restrictions started on the boardwalk so early... good to know. Is that a 24/7 rule, or is it like bikes, where you can use them before a certain time? I mainly take the pup to Assateague anyway, where there are less distractions. Unfortunately, I have a husky, so I can't off leash him even if the rules allowed me to do so. One seagull, and he's GONE.

Sand Dollars
    Quote Originally Posted by Z06RL View Post
    Here's a little tip and I know some people ignore it and break the law, but Ocean City does NOT allow dogs on the beach or the boardwalk at any time between May 1 and October 1. It's a minimum $25 fine. And dogs are required to remain on a leash at ALL times. There is a dog playground on 94th St for puppy to play at, but you have to get a permit from the city to use it and provide all vaccination records. You can fill out the form at www.oceancitymd.gov

Like I said, you'll see people who don't care ignore the law. Can't say on here what I think about such rude people. About the same as people who don't pick up their animal's poop. I don't bring mine. I did my research and found a great kennel to keep my pup for a week. We each get a vacation that way and he's not locked up in a strange place getting stressed out with no interaction with people or other pets.

I'm not knocking you wanting to bring your friend. I'm just telling you that OC isn't the most pet friendly place in the summer. And please, if you decide to bring your pet, please be kind enough to clean up your dog's waste whether it's on a sidewalk, grass or sand.
    I agree with ya Mommoo.
    OC is not pet friendly "in season" because of their pet laws. But why would you bring your pet to a strange place to sit in a room all day.
    I never understood that, I think it's more cruel to your pet to make then wait by the door while your at the beach/boardwalk all day.

Sand Dollars
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Crybaby View Post
    Could you share the kennel info?

Didn't know the dog restrictions started on the boardwalk so early... good to know. Is that a 24/7 rule, or is it like bikes, where you can use them before a certain time? I mainly take the pup to Assateague anyway, where there are less distractions. Unfortunately, I have a husky, so I can't off leash him even if the rules allowed me to do so. One seagull, and he's GONE.

No, this is a 24/7 rule from May 1 to October 1 every year in Ocean City. You can't even have them in strollers.
    Ask an OC Insider

Sand Dollars
    there is a new high rise around 32 street oceanfront that allows pets...i cant think of the name.....