+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    deedee3370
    Sand Dollars

Pet Friendly Condo Rentals

Hello Everyone, does anyone know of condos for rent in Ocean City that accepts dogs? I would like to bring the family dog on vacation this year.

Sand Dollars
    Forum member Bectile owns such a place.
    Here is a link to their condo/townhouse http://www.coldwellbankerbudchurch.c...D=202&typeID=2

ocjoymac10

Re: Pet Friendly Condo Rentals

most condo association rules do not allow owners to rent to people who want to bring pets. now many will not allow renting to smokers..

hearts
    Sand Dollars

Wish more would allow dogs, although at least they dont allow any pets. More annoying when they allow just cats, or only small pets...sometimes a larger dog is much calmer and less mess than these. Our lab just needs to be taken out a few times a day, and sleeps almost all the other time...plus cleans up all the food that falls on the floor! We really miss her when we go to OC!

Some house rentals not right in town, but up in Fenwick and Bethany area allow pets.

Sand Dollars

Here's a little tip and I know some people ignore it and break the law, but Ocean City does NOT allow dogs on the beach or the boardwalk at any time between May 1 and October 1. It's a minimum $25 fine. And dogs are required to remain on a leash at ALL times. There is a dog playground on 94th St for puppy to play at, but you have to get a permit from the city to use it and provide all vaccination records. You can fill out the form at www.oceancitymd.gov

Like I said, you'll see people who don't care ignore the law. Can't say on here what I think about such rude people. About the same as people who don't pick up their animal's poop. I don't bring mine. I did my research and found a great kennel to keep my pup for a week. We each get a vacation that way and he's not locked up in a strange place getting stressed out with no interaction with people or other pets.

I'm not knocking you wanting to bring your friend. I'm just telling you that OC isn't the most pet friendly place in the summer. And please, if you decide to bring your pet, please be kind enough to clean up your dog's waste whether it's on a sidewalk, grass or sand.

Sand Dollars

We bring our dog every summer because he does not do well in the kennel. We follow all the rules. We even go to Assatehue once or twice to take him to the beach. We've purchased the pass for the dog park one time but we didn't use it enough to do it every year. People there were very nice though. If you know where to go and what to do and you follow the town and hotel rules, you can truly have a great experience with a pet.

Sand Dollars

Thank you RythmSis. I wish you were in the majority. You sound very responsible and caring with your pet.

Sand Dollars

it's not hard to follow the rules. I don't know why some people can't. I walk my dog and pick up the poop at home so why can't I do it on vacation!

Sand Dollars

Blue Water East is on 135th st and the owner of the indidvidual condo makes the rules so 504 might accept pets but 505 doesnt its awesome i know some people who live in that building but there isnt much space for dogs to do there buissness

Sand Dollars

The Clarion has Dog friendly rooms which are kind of like a condo, and they have a potty park (large fenced in grassy area) for the dog's to do their business. They usually even have waste pickup bags right there to use. A bunch of condo's in condo row also have pet area's however I never sucessfully found one that rented to dog owners.

Also don't listen to the people who say OC is not pet friendly, You can take your dog to the beach on Assateague Island if you would like to take them to the beach, and you can also take them to the dog park. There are even some dog friendly dining options! Here is a link http://www.bringfido.com/restaurant/city/ocean_city_md_us/

That site also has some great infor on lodging, and other pet friendly options.

One thing I am surprised at is the sheer number of Dog's in Ocean City. I was down there the 2nd week of June and we met at least 15 other dogs. I don't know where all of these people are staying but it seems like Ocean City is a popular pet destination!